In order to make this Air Fryer Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken recipe, I simply made slits on top of the chicken, seasoned it, stuffed it and popped it in the air fryer. It's a lot easier than it may look and it was mighty delicious, if I do say so myself.
This post may contain affiliate links.
The steps to this broccoli cheese stuffed chicken recipe are actually quite simple but I'll break it down for you anyway.
First Step: Using a sharp knife, cut 3 slits on the top of the chicken and then sprinkle with seasonings. Be very careful not to cut all the way through the bottom. We don't want all the yummy cheese oozing out of the bottom, now do we?
Second Step: Stuff the broccoli and the cheese into the slits in the chicken.
Optional Step: Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the chicken and give a quick spray of oil over the crumbs (this will help them crisp up).
Now, place your stuffed chicken into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 360 F and time to 13 minutes. You may or may not need to add another minute of two of cooking time, depending on the size of your chicken.
I like to serve this broccoli cheese chicken over a bed of couscous with some simple salad greens on the side. It would also pair well with roasted potatoes, rice or quinoa.
Okay, some real talk. Are you wanting more air fryer recipes? Less air fryer recipes? Do you want more Instant Pot recipes? Or should I go back to mostly one-pot meals and oven baked meals? You tell me what you're liking best these days.
Did you know I have a whole page of recipe collections? Well, I do, head on over to my Parade page to see those collections, you might just find a new recipe you can't pass up.
Air Fryer Broccoli Cheese Stuffed chicken
- Air Fryer
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon dehydrated onion
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 C finely chopped broccoli florets (frozen is fine but defrost it)
- 3 oz Velveeta block cheese (cut into 12 pieces - see note for detail)
- olive oil spray or misto
- 1 T dry breadcrumbs
- Using a sharp knife, make 3 slits on top of chicken. Be careful not to cut all the way through to the bottom of chicken.
- Give the chicken a quick spray of oil and then season with onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place one piece of cheese in each slit on the chicken and then add the broccoli.
- If desired, sprinkle the tops of the chicken with breadcrumbs and give the crumbs a quick spray with the oil too. Skip this step if not using the crumbs.
- Place chicken in air fryer basket. Cook 13 minutes at 360 F.
- Additional time may be required depending on the size of the chicken.
You may find some of these items useful when preparing Air Fryer Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken: