These Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers are the ultimate combination of flavor and texture.
Fresh jalapeno peppers filled with a rich creamy cheese and crunchy bacon mixture.
Make them as spicy or as mild as you like. Heat is easily controlled by the seeds. Simply remove all the seeds for a mild flavor or leave some of the seeds in the pepper for a spicy punch!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
Whether you are hosting party, need a game day appetizer or just want an end of summer recipe to use up those jalapeno peppers, this recipe is the winner.
These stuffed jalapenos come together quick. It only takes a few minutes of prep and then about 8 minutes of cooking in the air fryer.
Love jalapeno peppers? Me too, some of my other favorite recipes using jalapenos are Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese, Jalapeno Turkey Burgers, Jalapeno Popper Rice and Bacon Blue Cheese Jalapeno Poppers!
Only 10 easy ingredients to make this recipe and that is including oil, salt and pepper. Not all jalapeno poppers contain cream cheese but I'm such a sucker for the creamy texture, it is a must for me.
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Bacon - cooked and chopped or crumbled (I prefer to make my bacon in the air fryer)
- Cheese - cream cheese and shredded cheddar
- Panko crumbs
- Olive oil
- Seasonings - garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
Use this section for process shots, alternating between the step and image showing the step. Users don't like seeing process shots cluttering up the recipe card, so include your process shots here.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise. Scoop out the membranes and most of the seeds (more seeds left behind mean more heat).
2. Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl stuff the cream cheese mixture into each pepper half.
3. In a small bowl combine the oil and panko crumbs. Top each cream cheese filled pepper with some of the crumb mixture.
4. Air fry for about 8 minutes or until the peppers are soft and the panko is crispy! Enjoy
Hint: Air fryer cook times vary from brand to brand. I use the Cosori Pro LE. This is an upgrade from my old Cosori which was recalled. This model is nice and quiet when it is cooking and the one I recommend to my family and friends.
There are many different ways you can change up the flavors of stuffed jalapeno poppers. Here are just a few, if you do something different, let me know how you do yours.
- Spicy - in addition to leaving seeds in the peppers or stirring them into the mixture, you can also add in some buffalo sauce if you want that kind of heat
- Meaty - Stir in some cooked ground sausage or ground beef
- Less Carb - Skip the panko crumbs
To make ahead, prepare the poppers as instructed except do not air fry. Wrap tight and keep in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To cook from frozen, simply add a few extra minutes to cook time.
If you are new to working with jalapenos, be warned, once you touch the seeds or the inside of the pepper, those spicy oils will remain on your skin. Avoid touching your face, specifically your eyes. When possible, wear food grade gloves when handling spicy peppers.
8 minutes. Give or take a few minutes depending on the size and brand of air fryer.
Sour cream, ranch dressing and aioli are good choices but poppers do not require a dipping sauce.
Looking for other appetizer recipes like this? Try these:
Printable Recipe Card
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese mild or sharp
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Slice jalapenos in half, lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the membranes and seeds. If desired outcome is a spicy popper, stir the seeds into the filling mixture in next step. If mild outcome is desired, discard seeds with membranes.
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses, seasonings and bacon. Stir well. Scoop mixture into hollowed out peppers.
- In a small bowl, stir together panko crumbs and oil until crumbs are coated. Press crumbs on the top of filling on each pepper half.
- Place in air fryer basket and air fry for 7 to 8 minutes set to 380 °F
- Poppers are done when pepper is tender and crumb topping is crispy. Serve warm.
Follow me on Facebook: