Breaded boneless pork chops made easy, quick and crispy in the air fryer.
Air Frying is all the rage right now. The reason being is, air frying results in a crispy exterior with much less oil than traditional frying. Less oil means less calories.Jump to Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
How To Make Air Fryer Pork Chops
Start by creating a breading station. I do this by placing the breadcrumbs and seasonings in a re-sealable bag, you can use a shallow bowl if you want. An egg gets beaten and placed in a shallow bowl.
Dip the pork in the egg first and then the breadcrumb mixture. When using the bag, I shake it around a bit. Think back to the old shake and bake method, something like that, but better.
After all the pork is breaded, place it in the pre-heated air fryer and give it a quick spritz with oil. If you don't have an oil misting sprayer then just drizzle a bit of oil but the mist bottle is preferred.
Air fry for 5 minutes, flip, spritz the other side and air fry again. Done.
Which Breadcrumbs Are Best?
Some swear by panko crumbs. Others say cornflakes are the way to go. Those are both fine but my preferred method is combining traditional Italian style breadcrumbs with panko crumbs. The traditional help coat the entire surface and the panko helps give the extra crunch.
What Temperature Is Safe For Pork?
It used to be that any pink in the center or pork was unsafe. Over the years, the USDA has stated that anything from 145 F and up are acceptable. I try to pull my somewhere between 145-150 F. So the final cooking time for you might be a little different than mine, depending on how you prefer your pork cooked.
TIP: You should always check internal temperature with a quick-read thermometer like this one below:
Which Side Dishes To Make?
These are my favorite sides for this recipe, but feel free to use your imagination:
- creamy polenta
- mashed potatoes
- sugar snap peas
- creamy mushrooms
- instant pot mac & cheese
- instant pot velveeta mac
- air fryer twice baked potatoes
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 20 ounces boneless pork chops approximately 5 ounces each
- ½ cup dry Italian breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil spray
- In a shallow bowl or re-sealable bag, combine breadcrumbs, panko and all seasonings. Place egg in a separate bowl and lightly whisk it.
- Dip pork in egg and then in crumb mixture. Be sure to coat all sides.
- Preheat air fryer at 400 F for 5 minutes.
- Place pork in air fryer. Spray the tops of pork chops with olive oil mist/spray. Set air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes. Flip pork chops over, spray with oil again and return to air fryer at 400 F for 4-7 minutes, depending on desired final temperature. Always use a quick-read thermometer to verify internal temperature.
You may find these tools helpful in making this recipe: