Serve these air fryer turkey meatballs with a toothpick for an appetizer, over a bed of mashed potatoes with gravy for a comfort food feast, swimming in a tomato sauce for an Italian dinner or use it for meal prep lunches!Want to skip the small talk ? Click Here to Jump to Recipe
Are These Meatballs Healthier?
I've been very careful not to ever use the term healthy on my blog. However, I feel comfortable saying these meatballs are a tad bit healthier than a traditional meatball because:
- less saturated fat in turkey vs. beef
- very little oil is used in air frying
Related: Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
Check Out The Steps On Tiktok
If you aren't into TikTok, the steps are easy:
- Mix together Ingredients
- Form into balls
- Place in air fryer basket and spritz with olive oil
- Air Fry 10-12 minutes
Related: Classic Italian Meatballs
How To Serve
You can eat these meatballs as is, straight out of the air fryer or you can try any of these options:
- Served atop a pile of mashed potatoes or quinoa with gravy
- Stick a toothpick in them and serve as appetizers with a dipping sauce
- Cover with tomato sauce and serve with pasta or in a sub roll
- Use in your meal prep with a healthy grain and chopped veggies
Recommended Tools For This Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
Using an air fryer and turkey in place of beef helps you shave a few calories off from traditional meatballs
- 20 ounces Ground Turkey Meat
- ⅓ cup minced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 2-3 cloves)
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup dry Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- olive oil in spray bottle if possible
Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a bowl. Mix with hands just until all ingredients are incorporated into meat. Shape into meatballs.
Place meatballs in air fryer basket. You may need to do this in two batches, depending on the size of your air fryer (I can usually fit about 20). Spritz the top of meatballs with oil spray if available, otherwise, brush a small amount of oil over tops of meatballs.
Cook meatballs at 400° F for 8-10 minutes. Check temperature and if not yet at 165°F, return for another 2-4 minutes.
Serve as desired.