This Apple Pie Stuffed Cheesecake is the dessert dreams are made of.
A creamy cheesecake stuffed with apple pie filling and it is all topped with a brown sugar crumbly topping.
It might be a bit much but isn't that what holiday desserts are supposed to be? Decadent, delicious, over-the-top desserts - yum!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
Popular Opinion in my house: This apple pie cheesecake is a must-have on our Thanksgiving dessert table.
I do feel I should give a little disclaimer here. While there really isn't anything complicated in making this cheesecake, it does take time. I would not suggest making this when you're in a rush.
Because the ingredient list is quite lengthy, please see the printable recipe card at the bottom for full list of ingredients.
Make the crust
Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter and spread in a springform pan. This is the typical cheesecake crust, nothing too crazy here.
If you want to really add in the warm flavors, add a little cinnamon to the crust.
Mix the cheesecake ingredients. I use the paddle attachment on my Kitchen Aid Mixer for this. You can use a hand mixer if that is all you have.
Cut the apples , either dice them or long thin slices. Toss them in the spices and set aside. Easy peasy.
Spread half the cheesecake mixture on to the crust in the springform pan.
Spread the apple mixture on top of that, be sure to overlap the apples a bit so you get apples in every bite.
Cover the apple layer with the rest of the cream cheese mixture and bake it.
While the apple cheesecake is baking, prepare the topping by mixing together flour, butter and brown sugar.
Add the topping to the cheesecake about 40 minutes into the baking time.
Room temperature ingredients are important. If you want the best cheesecake, make sure everything is at room temperature. Cheesecake can be finicky. Consider yourself warned.
Much like my Pumpkin Cheesecake, I recommend you let this come to room temperature and then stick it in the fridge to hang out overnight, or a few hours at the very least.
Change up the crust a bit if you want by using crushed gingersnap cookies instead of graham crackers.
If you want a thicker layer of apple pie filling in the cheesecake, double the apple mixture.
You can tell it is done when the cheesecake starts to pull away from the sides. The center will still appear to be a little jiggly and that is okay.
No. Whenever I make a cheesecake that has a topping, I skip the step of a water bath. If the top cracks, well, no one will see it anyway because it is covered with the brown sugar topping.
When you serve it, you will want to drizzle caramel over the top. Who doesn't want that? If this isn't the best darned cheesecake you've ever had, well, there is something seriously wrong with your taste buds.
You can also give it the apple pie feel and serve it ala mode (with a bit of vanilla ice cream).
Pair your slice of apple pie stuffed cheesecake with a glass of my Cranberry Apple Sangria !
Printable Recipe Card
Apple Pie Stuffed Cheesecake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs the sweetened variety
- 7 tablespoons melted butter
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour all purpose
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large apples peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon caramel sauce
For the topping
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ½ cup flour all purpose
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter and mix with graham cracker crumbs. Press into a springform pan to create a crust. Bake 10 minutes. Set aside.
- While crust is cooking beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, then cream, flour and finally the vanilla. Blend until smooth and well incorporated.
- In a bowl, toss the apples with brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour half the cream cheese mixture onto crust in springform pan. Arrange apples on top of that, overlapping apples just a little bit and then top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Bake 40 minutes.
- While cheesecake is cooking mix together all topping ingredients with a fork until crumbly. After 40 minutes, remove cheesecake from oven, top with topping mixture and then return to oven and bake 30 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature before refrigerating. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Drizzle with caramel sauce when serving.