This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
If you plan to grill only one burger this summer, you will want to make sure it is this satisfying Blue Cheese Bacon Burger!
Who else is psyched for grilling season? Raise your hand!
Did you actually raise it?
You know I can't see you right? You're being silly.
Okay, I'm being a bit silly. That's okay, I'm giddy over grilling season! We had a rough start to spring here weather-wise so I'm just busting out the grill recipes now.
I start every grilling season with burgers and hot dogs. These are two things that never go out of style. Classic summertime eats!
As with most of my "classic" style meals, sometimes I go simple and sometimes I go big. This Blue Cheese Bacon Burger is going big yet is simple, if that makes any sense to anyone besides me. What I mean is, it's rather simple to make but the result is big. You with me?
While I was grabbing my Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns, I noticed they are running a promotion titled Respect the Bun®. I think that is pretty clever. I'm a fan of clever and wit. Also, it got me thinking about flavor combos. Since I'm a big fan of bacon and blue cheese in appetizers and grilled cheese sandwiches, it just made sense to go ahead and Respect the Bun® as they say, and create a delicious burger with those ingredients.
Let me tell you a little hint when creating any burger. Do not over mix the meat! Same with meatballs. Handle the beef mixture as little as possible otherwise it will end up on the dense side. And forgive me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard someone say "Wow, delicious, that was one dense burger", have you? I didn't think so. Don't over-mix.
Now that you've been warned about over-mixing, here's how I made this Blue Cheese Bacon Burger:
- To a bowl add the ground beef (I use an 85/15 ratio lean/fat), steak seasoning blue cheese crumbles and bacon. Gently mix together with your hands
- Form into patties
- Grill over a medium flame
- Place burger on a Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Bun and top with dressing and arugula
- Enjoy your blue Cheese Bacon Burger
Okay, so now that I've chosen to Respect the Bun®, it's your turn. Head on over to RespectTheBun.com for recipes AND to find out how to enter to win $ for your ultimate burger or hot dog! Seriously, who knew you could win money just for making a kick-butt burger or hot dog? Good luck!
Printable Recipe Card
Blue Cheese Bacon Burger
- 1 lb ground beef I use 85/15
- 1 T Montreal Style Steak Seasoning
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 3 T blue cheese crumbles more for topping
- 4 teaspoon blue cheese dressing
- 1 C baby arugula
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat grill to a medium/high flame.
- In a bowl, place meat, seasoning, bacon and blue cheese. Mix, using your hands, just until ingredients are incorporated. Do not over handle the meat mixture. Form into 4 patties.
- Place burgers on grill. Do not flip for 3-5 minutes, depending on how you prefer your burger (3 for a rare style burger and 5 for a more well version). Flip and again, leave along for 3-5 minutes. If desired, add a few blue cheese crumbles to burgers just before removing them from grill.
- Place cooked patties on buns and top each with 1 teaspoon dressing and ¼ C arugula. Enjoy!
Oh, have you noticed a lot of my recipes contain Pepperidge Farm® products? Well, that's because Pepperidge Farm® uses premium ingredients, and to me the name means quality. Pepperidge Farm® is certainly a name I trust when creating recipes for my family. Go ahead and check out some of my other recipes featuring Pepperidge Farm® like my Prosciutto Grilled Cheese and my Puff Pastry Egg Tart. Oh heck, while you're at it, you might as well see my recipes for 3 Easy Butters too. Enjoy!
Blue Cheese Bacon Burger Side Note:
- Sometimes I add a slice of mozzarella cheese to the top of this burger and take out the blue cheese on top
- Arugula could be switched up with any salad green of your liking
- Caramelized onions are super awesome on top of this burger too