I've transformed my very popular berry muffin recipe into a crowd-pleasing fresh Blueberry Bread and today I'm sharing that recipe with you!
When it comes to quick bread recipes like this fruity blueberry bread, I'm always torn whether it's a cake or a bread. Serve it for breakfast or dessert?
Much like most traditional food rules, I say, it is whatever you want to classify it as and you can eat it whenever you like. I especially like this with a cup of coffee on the side mid morning but it's equally as delicious for a dessert or even late night snack. So enjoy it any way you like.
If you have tried my Strawberry Blueberry Muffins you know how good they are and you get why I'd make a bread out of it. If you haven't, pop on over to the recipe and check it out. Better yet, there are lots of reviews and reader photos posted on the pinterest pin so maybe check that out too.
Other than the obvious, there are no strawberries in this recipe as there are in my muffins, there really aren't any changes.
I just love a good fruity loaf bread, don't you?
Related: Homemade Bread Recipes
How To Make Blueberry Bread
Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another. Next, stir them both together and then fold in the blueberries.
Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan.
Sprinkle the topping over the batter and pop it in a preheated oven.
Baking time should be somewhere between 45-55 min. Check the doneness (is that a word?) by sticking a toothpick into the center, if it comes out clean it's done. If it doesn't, leave it in longer.
Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 15 min and then remove the bread from pan and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
If you cut it while it's hot it will fall apart.
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ Cup vegetable or canola oil
- ⅔ Cup milk
- 2 Cup blueberries (fresh)
- 3 Cup flour, all purpose
- 1 ½ Cup sugar, granulated
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, kosher
- ¼ Cup brown sugar
- ¼ Cup sugar, granulated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ Cup flour, all purpose
- ¼ Cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare loaf pan with cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, oil and milk. Set aside.
- In another bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir together wet and dry ingredients. Fold in berries.
- Spread batter into loaf pan.
- Sprinkle topping over the batter. It will be clumpy; it's okay. See photo above in post.
- Bake in preheated oven 45-55 minutes. Test for doneness by placing a toothpick in center of bread, if it comes out clean it is done. If it does not, continue baking.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing bread and placing it on a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl combine all topping ingredients with a fork until combined. It will be almost dough-like. You'll break it into pieces with your fingers when topping the cake.