As far as 3-ingredient party appetizers go, you just can't beat these Blueberry Brie Puff Pastry Bites.
Perfect for any special occasion, holiday appetizer or a Sunday afternoon snack.
Makes a great addition to a charcuterie board too!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
Ingredients - Only 3!
- puff pastry
- blueberry preserves
- brie cheese
What makes this baked brie different
The way I normally prepare baked brie is to wrap the entire wheel in either puff pastry or even crescent roll dough with a little fruit preserves spread in there.
While I love it like that, sometimes when I serve it, I see people sort of struggle with cutting it right or the pastry falls off when cut. So, kind of a hassle.
These individual brie bites do away with those concerns. Just grab one and pop it in your mouth. Super easy baked brie - win!
How to make baked blueberry brie puffs
Follow the puff pastry package instructions for coming to room temperature / defrosting.
Unfold dough and roll out to smooth.
Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut puff pastry into squares, about 3 inches in size. They do not need to be perfect. Don't sweat it.
Place each square into a mini muffin tin. Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes.
After the puff pastry bakes it will be, well, puffed up. Grab a small spoon and just push the center down a bit, creating a cup of sorts.
Spoon some preserves into each puff pastry "cup" and top with a square of brie.
Return the muffin tin to oven and bake again until cheese is melty.
Let the brie puffs cool a few minutes before serving.
If you really want to get fancy, top each one with a small sprig of rosemary!
Looking for more appetizers? Try out my Pancetta Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms!
You might find these tools helpful:
Blueberry Brie Puff Pastry Bites Printable Recipe
- Mini Muffin Tin
- Pizza Cutter or Sharp Knife
- ½-1 cup blueberry preserves
- ½ wheel brie cheese
- 1 package puff pastry defrosted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out the pastry until even.
- Using pizza cutter or sharp knife cut pastry into squares, about 3 inches in size.
- Place each square into the muffin tin. Bake for 10 minutes. As soon they come out of the oven, using a spoon push down the middle of the puffed pastry to create a nice little spot for your filling. Let cool about 5 minutes (still in the muffin tin)
- While pastry is cooking or cooling, cut brie into small pieces, about an inch big.
- Spoon a small amount of preserves into the center of each pastry “cup” and top that with a square of brie.
- Return to oven and cook about 8-10 minutes more until cheese is melted. Allow to cool about 5-10 minutes before serving.