Refrigerated pizza dough, jarred Alfredo sauce, shredded cheese and broccoli are all you need for these delicious cheesy bites.Jump to Recipe - Skip The Small Talk
There is a little debate about whether pinwheels are made with pizza dough and baked or with tortillas and refrigerated. I've never been a stickler for food rules, so I'm not sweating it and I'm confident in calling these broccoli alfredo pinwheels. Some might even call them pizza rolls or roll ups but I'm sticking with pinwheels. Whichever way, they are delish.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
- Pizza Crust - I use the thin pizza crust. I find that the regular gets a bit too doughy and thick.
- Alfredo Sauce - Whatever your preference is. I really like one that has a bit of lemon flavor in it when pairing with broccoli, so I chose this one from Trader Joes.
- Broccoli - Frozen Vs. Fresh. Typically I say fresh. If you are using fresh be sure to cook it well enough that it will chop up easily. I am actually using frozen in this recipe. Take note, if using frozen, after it's been cooked, you MUST remove as much water as possible. I put in a colander and push down with a few paper towels.
- Cheese - Mozzarella or any mozzarella blend will work well here. Grated parmesan can also be added if desired.
How To Make Pinwheels
Start by spreading Alfredo sauce on rolled out pizza dough. Leave a little bit of a border around the edges.
Next, add broccoli & cheese. Use your hands to push the ingredients down a bit, pretty much smushing it down. This will make it easier to roll in the next step.
Fold in the small ends and then begin folding the long sides as tightly as you can without ripping the dough.
Once it's in a log shape, use a sharp knife and cut into slices. I usually get about 15 slices out of each pizza dough. Place the slices on a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet.
If you want to add Parmesan cheese to the top before baking, now is time. I do not bother, they're cheesy enough. Bake about 15 minutes and they're ready to serve.
Printable Recipe Card
Broccoli Alfredo Pinwheel
- 1 tube thin pizza dough
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese or mozzarella cheese blend
- ¾ cup Alfredo sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook broccoli according to package instructions. Drain and press with paper towels to remove as much water as possible. Roughly chop.While broccoli is cooking, gently roll out pizza dough on a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet.
- Spread Alfredo sauce on dough, leaving half an inch border on all sides. Next add chopped broccoli and then the cheese. Push ingredients gently down using hands.
- Fold in the shorter ends and then begin rolling the longer side closet to you. Roll as tightly as you can without ripping dough.
- Once the dough is rolled into a log type share. Make sure seam side is down. Use a sharp knife and cut into 15 slices. Place the slices cut side up on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cheese melted.
- Serve warm as is or with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.
Pin this recipe to your appetizer, lunch, easy dinner & snack boards on Pinterest!