These recipe for Buffalo Cauliflower Bites is my lighter spin on my favorite restaurant appetizer.
Most often, when you order buffalo cauliflower in a restaurant, it is fried, sometimes even battered. The reason it is so good is it is loaded with fat and calories.
This version of the popular appetizer is much lower in fat and calories. Give it a try.
Cauliflower has become so popular over the last decade. This is mostly in part to it being a great alternative for carbs.
Don't worry, I'm not here to sell you on mashed "potatoes" that are really cauliflower but I am here to introduce you to a sort of healthy appetizer.
A simple yet delicious appetizer, side dish or snack.
If you like yours extra saucy, simply add more sauce before serving.
Toss the cauliflower florets with oil, salt, pepper and a little garlic powder if you desire.
Roast in the oven.
TIP: The brown bits are not burned. Caramelization takes place and if you are anything like me, those brown bits will quickly become your favorite bite.
Toss the roasted cauliflower with the wing sauce and then return it to the oven for another 7 to 10 minutes.
If you like blue cheese, this is the time to sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles.
Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing as a dipping sauce.
More Vegetable Recipes
Buffalo Cauliflower, Oven Roasted Not Fried
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder optional
- ½ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¼ Cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 Tablespoon blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut cauliflower into bite sized florets.
- Toss florets with olive oil, salt and pepper, and garlic powder if using. Spread on a foil lined baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven 25-30 minutes.
- Toss roasted cauliflower in a bowl with buffalo wing sauce. Once all coated, place back on baking sheet. Return to oven for 7 minutes.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese and serve.