This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayGlory #CollectiveBias
Buffalo Chicken Nachos - Buffalo chicken piled atop tortilla chips that are slathered in a blue cheese queso sauce. Perfect for game day or any day!
Who here likes to host the Big Game?
I do! I do!
Okay, I admit, I'm not really that into football but I am totally into the football food! I love it. Finger food at it's finest. At my house on game days, there is no need for forks and knives and all that. I'm lucky if I grab a plate. For me, it's all about the picking! A few of these, then a couple of these and then grab one of that. That's how I roll on game day.
Keeping that in mind, when I was trying to get together an idea of what to make for the next football game, a conversation was had between my husband's best friend and I.
Now, before I tell you what we decided, promise not to get mad. Seriously, promise? I know everyone loves it. Heck, I love(-ed) it. We decided that we are so over Buffalo Chicken Dip!
I know. I never thought it could happen either.
But it did.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still lovin' on buffalo style foods. I just can't stomach another crock pot full of the dip. Between the holidays and birthday parties, I'm officially done with the dip, may it rest in peace. Moving on.
While we were mourning the death of our beloved buffalo chicken dip, I thought up a MUCH better idea. You got it - NACHOS!
Oh nachos, how I have missed you!
The key to these nachos is the sauce. Dare I call it a queso? I'm not sure what exactly makes a queso, a queso, so I better not; I'm already skating on thin ice today. Anyway, I started with a simple roux (butter, flour, milk) and then I stirred in some Mexican style shredded cheese and blue cheese crumbles! Yes, sir. Go ahead, dip your finger in and try it; no judgement.
Here's the thing, this recipe sounds like there are a lot of steps but it is really easy. Only a few minutes prep, I promise. You can even make life easier on yourself and buy pre-cooked chicken, if that is your thing (rotisserie is perfect here). It's mine.
Toss the chicken around with some hot sauce and blue cheese dressing (you can use Ranch if blue cheese isn't your thing). Put that aside.
Next up, place a nice layer of tortilla chips or you could use the Scoops and make them little cups) on a sheet pan, drop some diced red onions on there and then plop on your chicken mixture, followed up by that cheese sauce (can I call it a queso, or what?) and more shredded cheese. Cheese is good. Bake it about 10 minutes and sprinkle on some green onions if you want (I want. I always want).
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 8 ounces Chicken Cooked & Cubed or Shredded
- ½ cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- ¾ cup Milk
- 2 cup Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese Divided
- ¼ cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 2 tablespoon Red Onion Diced
- Tortilla Chips
- 2 Green Onions Diced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, toss chicken with wing sauce and blue cheese dressing. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, over medium heat. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring. Slowly whisk in milk. Cook over medium/low heat until mixture just begins to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in 1 C Mexican blend cheese and Blue cheese crumbles.
- Place a layer of tortilla chips on a baking sheet (slightly overlapping chips). Sprinkle red onions over chips. Place the sauced chicken over the chips and drizzle the cheese sauce over everything. Sprinkle remaining 1 C shredded Mexican blend cheese over everything.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with chopped green onions and additional blue cheese crumbles, if desired.
- Serve immediately.