Buffalo Chicken Salad - Entree salad gets a flavor boost with quickly cooked up chicken tenderloins flavored with buffalo sauce.
If I'm going to serve a salad as a dinner entree around here, it better be good. I'll admit, I've had some misses. I've had some looks go around, like "where is the meat ?". Sometimes I feel like we all get up from the table still hungry. Those salads are not dinner entree worthy.
Enough about my failure salads, let's talk about some of my winners, shall we? Perhaps we could visit my Spring Salad w/ Chicken & Berries. Not your thing? How about my Winter Vegetable Grilled Chicken Salad? One of my favorites of all time though is my Carne Asada Salad. It's so good and nobody can complain about being hungry afterwards.
And now, I'd like to introduce you to my newest winner, the Buffalo Chicken Salad. This is a salad I've been making for a long time now, but I've never posted the recipe. Until now.
It's really rather simple. I cut boneless chicken tenders up into bite sized pieces so they cook up super quick and just pile them atop a mixture of lettuces along with some chopped carrot and celery. I mean, you've got to serve buffalo chicken with carrot and celery.
Recipe Notes for Buffalo Chicken Salad:
- I used a jarred blue cheese dressing but ranch would be great too
- I mixed both romaine and iceberg because I like the difference in texture but you can go with just one if you desire
- The sauce I used was a Buffalo Sauce, not just hot sauce
Easy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenders
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ C buffalo wing sauce
- 3-4 C chopped romaine lettuce
- 3-4 C chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- ¼-1/2 C crumbled blue cheese
- Optional: blue cheese dressing ranch dressing, croutons
- Chop chicken tenders into bite sized pieces. Season with seasoned salt.
- Place butter and oil in a skillet, over medium/high heat until butter is melted. Add chicken. After a few minutes stir chicken. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked thru. Stir in buffalo wing sauce and reduce heat to medium/low. Stir well to coat chicken. After two minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl or in a platter, toss lettuce with carrot, celery and blue cheese crumbles. Top salad with cooked chicken and serve.