Cheesecake Pumpkin Pancakes - Pumpkin pancakes are stacked up with a layer of creamy cheesecake-like filling in between each pancake!
Soooooooo, to answer your question, Yes.
Yes, I am totally aware that we are full on into winter and it's no longer pumpkin season. Buuuuuuuuut, is pumpkin season ever really over?
Not in my house.
Pumpkin coffee all year.
Pumpkin Bread, whenever my son asks for it.
And then there is pumpkin ravioli. Bring it.
I'm sure you get it by now, I dig pumpkin. So, I was more than psyched when I got my January food subscription box and found, you guessed it, Pumpkin Pancake Mix.
I have to tell you, I'm not a huge pancake person. When we go to breakfast, I prefer eggs. Pancakes have to really entice me. Pumpkin pancakes on their own sounded pretty darn enticing but once I thought about adding the cheesecake filling, forget about it.
My husband was working from home when I decided to cook these babies up. The smell alone lured him from the office into the kitchen. You've got to love a meal that can get people into the kitchen based on the smell wafting through the house.
Printable Recipe Card
Cheesecake Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 C pumpkin pancake mix I used Hungry Jack
- 1 ½ C water adjust amount if you are using a different brand of pancake mix
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ C confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Whisk together pancake mix and water. Follow package instructions to cook pancakes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- To serve, place a pancake on plate and then spread some of the cream cheese mixture over pancake. Top with another pancake. Repeat until stack is the size you desire.
- Serve with maple syrup.