Sure, the title is a mouthful but trust me, you'll want a mouthful of this Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Bread.
Some people make zucchini bread, some people make banana bread, in this house we make moist zucchini banana bread. And if we can pop some chocolate chips in, well all the better.
Whether you have a garden and grow your own zucchini, grab it fresh at the farmer's market or just shop at a regular old grocery store, there's no mistaking when it's zucchini season. The green squash is everywhere!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
Got a picky eater who thinks they won't like zucchini? This dessert bread, or is it a breakfast bread, is a great way to sneak in some squash.
- sugar - both brown and white granulated
- zucchini (green squash)
- bananas, ripe or more than ripe
- vanilla extract
- baking powder & baking soda
- semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Grate the zucchini with either a box grater or a food processor.
- This recipe makes two loaves so be prepared with two loaf pans.
- Browned bananas are the sweetest bananas. Make sure the bananas have at least ripened. I prefer them to be just on the brink of too ripe.
Because this recipe makes two loaves, you may be wondering if you can freeze this zucchini bread and the answer is yes!
Simply allow banana zucchini bread to cool, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in freezer safe bag or container.
To defrost simply remove from freezer and allow to defrost on counter top.
Frequently asked questions
- Do I need to squeeze water from zucchini for bread?
No. I have never bothered with this step and have never had an issue. However, if you notice a lot of water, at least blot it with a paper towel.
- How can I tell when zucchini bread is done?
Like any quick bread, simply test doneness by sticking a toothpick in the center of the bread. If the pick comes out wet, continue cooking. If the pick comes out clean, the bread is done.
- What size loaf pan is best for this chocolate chip banana zucchini bread?
The standard 9x5 loaf pan is what I am using for this recipe.
- Can I freeze banana zucchini brad?
Yes, instructions are listed above in their own section.
More zucchini recipes
Printable Recipe Card
Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Bread
- Food Processor
- non stick cooking spray
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 cup grated/shredded zucchini
- 4 bananas, ripened and mashed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Prepare loaf pans by spraying bottom and sides with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together eggs, oil, sugars and vanilla. Add mashed bananas and grated zucchini and continue to beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into batter
- Evenly divide the batter between the two loaf pans. Bake. Check for doneness at 40 minutes. Bread may take up to 50 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before transferring loaves out of pans and on to cooling racks to completely cool.
This recipe was inspired and adapted from these recipes:
Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread & Food.com.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.