Today I'm sharing one of my favorite summer sandwich recipes; the Sweet Corn Bacon Grilled Cheese.
Just like the title suggests, this grilled sandwich features crisp salty bacon, sweet summer corn and melty Colby-Jack cheese.
This adult grilled cheese will satisfy all your cravings, especially if you've got a taste for a sweet and salty combination.
This summer grilled cheese recipe was originally created as part of a paid collaboration. All sponsored links relating to this collaboration have been removed.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
Grilled cheese sandwiches get the bad rap of being just a kids meal. But as you know, I'm not big on rules when it comes to food, so just like my jalapeno popper grilled cheese, I made this sandwich adult-friendly!
How to make the perfect grilled cheese
Grilled cheese can be made in a skillet on the stove top, on an electric griddle or an outdoor griddle.
I have always made my grilled cheese indoors but since I bought a Blackstone griddle, I've been finding it my favorite way to prepare a grilled cheese.
You cook your grilled cheese on whichever surface you have available to you.
There is no perfect way, just YOUR favorite way.
Prep the ingredients
If you are cooking on an outdoor grill you can prepare your corn and bacon right on the griddle.
The corn and bacon can be prepped earlier in the day if you prefer and then when you're ready to make the grilled sandwiches, all you have to do is layer the ingredients and cook.
Preparing the grilled cheese
- Preheat your griddle or skillet to medium.
- Butter the outer sides of the bread.
- Place bread buttered side down and layer in this order: half of the cheese, bacon, corn, scallion, remaining cheese and lastly another piece of bread, buttered side facing out.
- Place sandwich on pre-heated skillet or griddle and cook until golden brown, carefully flip and cook the other side until golden-brown and cheese is melty.
Substitutions - Alternatives
- Spice it up a bit with some pepper jack cheese
- For a creamier texture, spread a little cream cheese on one side of the inside of the bread
- Add sliced or diced avocado
- Spread a sweet jam such as fig on the inside of the bread
Grilled cheese side dishes
- potato chips
- green bean fries
- zucchini fries
- onion rings
Printable Recipe Card
Sweet Corn Bacon Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 slices bacon , cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 cob corn on the cob , cooked and kernels removed
- 2 scallions , sliced
- 2 ounces Colby-Jack Cheese slices
- Preheat griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat .
- Brush 1 side of each slice of bread with melted butter. Place two buttered sides of a slice of bread in skillet or on griddle. To each piece of bread layer on half of the cheese, bacon, corn, scallions and remaining cheese. Top with remaining slices of bread; buttered side up.
- Cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes, just until browned. Carefully flip sandwich over and continue cooking until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.If desired, use a sandwich press to press down while cooking.
- Serve immediately.