Whip up this tomatillo salsa in about 10 minutes from start to finish. This easy salsa recipe has a bright, refreshing flavor; perfect for summer BBQ's.
This salsa looks a bit like the popular "Texas Caviar". However, Texas Caviar contains black-eyed peas, red tomatoes and peppers, among other ingredients. So, this tomatillo corn and black bean salsa could be considered a spin-off of that recipe.
- Black Beans - canned - rinsed and drained
- Sweet Corn - drained
- Cilantro - fresh is best but in a pinch, cilantro paste can be used
- Lime Juice - fresh is best
- Red Onion
Simply stir everything together. Yup, that's it!
What is a tomatillo
Tomatillo is a fruit.
Sometimes tomatillos are referred to as a "husk tomato". This is because the tomatillo is surrounded by a rough husk.
The husk must be removed. The skin of the tomatillo is typically a little sticky under the husk, so washing is essential.
Tomatillos are a main ingredient in salsa verde.
Related: Instant Pot Chicken Chili Verde
Tomatillo Salsa will keep in the refrigerator 2-3 days. Be sure to give it a good stir before serving if stored in the refrigerator.
My favorite way to enjoy this tomatillo salsa with corn and black beans is simply to scoop it up with tortilla chips.
You can also spoon it over grilled chicken, grilled pork or grilled steak!
Another way to enjoy tomatillo salsa is to eat as a side dish to any of the above or even with tacos!
If you're looking for a great cocktail to sip on while devouring a bowl of chips and tomatillo salsa, check out these 10 Cinco de Mayo drinks!
Printable Recipe Card
Tomatillo Salsa With Corn And Black Beans (Printable Recipe Card)
- 2 tomatillos husk removed and diced
- 11 ounce canned sweet corn drained
- 14 ounce canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 juice of one lime
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt or to personal taste
- In a large bowl add corn, black beans, diced tomatillos and diced onion. Juice the lime over the bowl and stir. Season with salt and stir in cilantro.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Dawn Yucuis says
I like how simple it is to make.
This recipe is not only AMAZING..........It is super easy to make..........and I swear it is addictive !..........I have made it 5 times already !....I can't get enough of it.........I paired it with my blackened grouper the other night and it was the best meal ever !.....You can have it with chicken, steaks, burgers....or just by itself ! Yum to the yum !