This recipe for Cottage Cheese Buffalo Chicken Dip combines the tangy heat of cayenne pepper sauce (Frank's Red Hot) with the creamy goodness of cottage cheese for a dip that's both flavorful and healthy.
You're going to love this delicious appetizer that's sure to impress your guests and as a bonus, it is packed with protein and is lower calorie than the original!
Plus, its super easy to make and requires only a few ingredients!
You can prepare this cottage cheese buffalo chicken dip in the microwave or in the oven!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
Only six ingredients needed for this recipe. You could sub in half plain Greek yogurt. I've tried it, it works but I think I prefer the consistency of all cottage cheese.
Wow, I never thought I'd be saying that!
- Cottage cheese - I use the regular cottage cheese, the lower-fat one tends to not be as thick.
- Cheese - Any cheddar or cheddar blend will do. My favorite is a triple cheddar blend.
- Cayenne Pepper Sauce - I always opt for Frank's Red Hot original not the wing sauce.
- Ranch seasoning - My preferred is the Trader Joe's brand but you can use your favorite
- Taco seasoning
- Chicken - This is one of the only instances in which I use canned chicken.
How to make it
Start by blending the cottage cheese. I can't stomach cottage cheese unless it is smooth. No curds for me so this is a step that should not be skipped!
💡TIP : If you are having trouble blending the cottage cheese, add a teaspoon of water.
Next place the whipped cottage cheese in a bowl with all the other ingredients. Stir together.
After the dip is mixed together, microwave it for one minute, stir and then microwave again for one more minute OR bake in oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
I prefer to use the microwave to make my buffalo chicken dip because it is so quick!
If you want, you can top the prepared buffalo chicken dip with blue cheese crumbles, chopped chives or even more shredded cheese if you desire.
Just like my Cottage Cheese Spinach Artichoke Dip, you can serve this dip with chips or veggies as an appetizer but you can also use it as a filling for quesadillas or even stir it into pasta.
Serve this crowd pleasing dip to your guests and I bet they will never guess that cottage cheese is the secret ingredient.
I hope you enjoy this healthy buffalo chicken dip as much as I do!
Want to know more about the health benefits of cottage cheese? Check out this article all about cottage cheese.
As always, if you try a recipe, be sure to let me know by commenting and/or rating below or tagging me on socials with a pic. FB: @foodyschmoodyblog , Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest: @foodyschmoody
Printable Recipe Card
Cottage Cheese Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Ninja Blender or other high powered blender or bullet type mixer
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 10 Ounce Canned Chicken Breast drained of liquid
- ½ Tablespoon Ranch seasoning
- ½ Tablespoon Taco seasoning
- ¼ Cup Cayenne Pepper Sauce Frank's Red Hot
- ¼ Cup Shredded Cheddar or Cheddar Blend