With notes of warming cinnamon and fall apples, this easy cranberry sangria is perfectly fitting for the holiday season.
You can combine the sangria ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve, making it one less thing you have to deal with during holiday dinner.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
Why you'll love this easy sangria recipe
- quick and easy to make; ready in about 5 minutes
- no additional sugar, the recipe is sweetened by the juices and fruit
- you can make this sangria ahead of time
Related: Sweet & Spicy Cranberry Chicken Wings
Ingredients for cranberry sangria
- red wine
- juice - both apple & cranberry
- fruit - apples, oranges and cranberries
- cinnamon sticks
- star anise
How to make cranberry sangria
Step one is to prep/cut all the fruit.
Next you'll combine ingredients. Start by adding the apples and oranges, followed by the wine and juices. Lastly, add the cranberries, cinnamon sticks and star anise. Stir well and refrigerate.
Popular Sangria substitutions / additions
- orange juice
- seltzer water
- ginger ale
- malbec wine
How to store cranberry sangria
Keep your sangria in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Holiday Sangria FAQ
Merlot or Malbec work best for this recipe. Try to choose a wine that is light to medium bodied with notes of similar fruits.
Yes but it will not have had time to meld all the flavors together. You really should try to allot at least 3-4 hours for the flavors to come together.
Up to 5 days.
Printable Recipe Card
Easy Cranberry Sangria Recipe
- 4 cups Merlot wine malbec also good option
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 medium apples red delicious
- 2 oranges
- ¼ cup cranberries fresh
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole star anise
- Dice apples and oranges and add to a large pitcher.
- Add the wine and juices to the pitcher next and then the cranberries, cinnamon sticks and star anise. Stir to combine well.
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours before serving.
Want even more sangria recipes? My friends over at Parade Mag have an article with 12 Sangria Recipes.
Leave a Reply