This creamy mushrooms recipe is delicious as a side dish for steak and pork but also can be stirred into pasta or served atop burgers! I also wouldn't be surprised if you just eat them straight from the skillet!
Related: Sous Vide Chuck Roast
Just like steakhouse mushrooms, this creamy mushrooms recipe has full flavor from garlic, herbs, parmesan cheese and a splash of heavy cream!
Simple Steps To Make Creamy Mushrooms
- Sautee mushrooms
- Add garlic
- Stir in heavy cream
- Finish with parmesan cheese
Start by adding mushrooms to pan with butter. Leave the mushrooms alone for a few minutes so they can develop some color.
And all seasonings.
Stir in heavy cream.
After the cream has thickened, remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
A lot of recipes for mushrooms include red wine. I have omitted it in this recipe. While I do enjoy the flavor profile of reduced red wine with mushrooms, this dish is rich and flavorful enough that I'm comfortable skipping the extra step.
How To Serve Creamy Mushrooms
- On top or on the side of steak/pork/chicken
- Stirred into pasta
- On top of burgers
- Straight out of the pan
One of my favorite uses is piled high on top of a turkey burger - YUM!
Love Mushrooms? Check out some of my other recipes featuring mushrooms:
Pancetta & Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushroom
Caramelized Onion & Mushroom Pizza
Creamy Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 T butter
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (baby bella, white, cremini)
- 1 T minced garlic
- ½ tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, kosher
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (cracked fresh is best)
- ¼ C heavy cream
- 2 T parmesan cheese (grated fresh is best)
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme (optional but recommended)
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and allow to cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, stir and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, another 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning (& thyme if using), stir to evenly coat everything. Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in heavy cream. Once the cream comes to a bubble, reduce heat and simmer 2-3 minutes, just until cream has thickened. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- If desired, top with fresh chopped parsley before serving.
Leave a Reply