Inspired by the viral Baked Boursin With Hot Honey TikTok Video, this Crispy Air Fryer Boursin appetizer is perfect for the holidays, in-home date night, a girls night in or any occasion you just want something delicious!
Crispy on the outside and warm and soft on the inside, you won't want boursin any other way after trying this!
Try this breaded Boursin as a Thanksgiving appetizer!
Follow me on TikTok!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
What other cheeses should we bread and crisp up?
What is Boursin
Boursin is actually the brand name. The type of cheese is actually called gournay cheese. It is simply a soft cheese combined with cream.
There are many flavors to choose from but I almost always choose the garlic and herb variety.
How to serve crispy Boursin
This crispy coated Boursin makes a great holiday appetizer. Serve with crackers as a stand alone appetizer or place on a cheese/charcuterie board.
The recipe that inspired this one drizzled hot honey on the top. I don't actually think it is necessary but if you want the honey, go for it.
Pair with your favorite wine for your next girls night in!
What do I need to make air fryer boursin
The ingredient list is simple. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Flour - all purpose
- Crumb - panko crumbs (seasoned)
- Seasoning - salt, pepper and dry Italian seasoning.
- Oil - avocado oil mist
How to make air fryer boursin
This recipe starts the same way any of my crispy breaded recipe starts, with a breading station.
One bowl for flour, one for the egg and one for the panko combined with seasonings.
Coat the Boursin with flour, then with the egg and finally coat with the panko. Be sure to really press that panko on.
Place the panko coated Boursin in a pre-heated air fryer basket and air fry for five minutes.
When it is done cooking, it should be crispy but still in tact.
Transfer from air fryer to plate or platter and serve while still warm.
Printable Recipe Card
Crispy Air Fryer Boursin
- 1 Package Boursin Cheese garlic and herb
- ¼ Cup Panko
- ¼ Cup flour all-purpose
- 1 Large Egg beaten
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Black pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Dry Italian Seasoning
- Avocado Spray or Oil
- Create a breading station. One shallow bowl for the flour, one for the egg and one for the panko, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Coat the boursin in the flour on all sides, then the beaten egg and finally in the panko mixture. Be sure to coat all sides and press panko on to cheese to be sure it is adhereing.
- Pre-heat air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 °F
- Place the coated Boursin in the air fryer basket. Spray or brush avocado oil or olive oil over the top and sides of coated Boursin. Air fry for 5 minutes at 390 °F
- Remove from air fryer and serve while warm.