Crispy Chicken Tenders are awesome but Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders that don't have to be deep fried are even better!
Pair these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with my Instant Pot Velveeta Mac & Cheese, Pressure Cooker Cheddar Mac & Cheese or my Garlic & White Cheddar Shells!
The beginning steps of these chicken tenders are similar to any of my recipes that include a breading. Start off with making a breading station. You can use shallow bowls or resealable plastic bags (except for the egg, use a bowl for the egg). Recently, when I was making my Air Fryer Zucchini Fries I ended up trying the bag method and realized it makes clean up a lot easier and actually makes the process go much quicker. You do you.
Prepare the chicken with the breading station. Place breaded chicken in air fryer basket and spray with cooking spray or oil sprayer. I prefer to use olive oil in a Misto bottle.
Halfway through cooking, open air fryer, flip chicken over and spray the other side of the chicken with the oil/spray and return to cooking.
Cooking Tip: I have found that the combination of both Italian breadcrumbs & Panko crumbs results in the crunchiest, crispiest chicken. You can use just one or the other but I really prefer the end result of using both.
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 1.5 lb chicken tenders
- 2 eggs + splash of water lightly beaten
- ½ C flour all purpose
- ½ C Panko crumbs
- ½ C Seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper few turns of a grinder
- Cooking spray or olive oil mist bottle
- Create a breading station: egg mixture in one bowl, flour in another and combine both crumbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder in another. **See notes for breading station tip
- Toss chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess, next in the egg mixture and finally in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the breaded chicken in the air fryer basket, being sure not to over crowd. Spray the tops of the chicken with cooking spray or oil mist.
- Set air fryer to 400 F and cook for 8 minutes. Flip chicken over, spray other side with oil or cooking spray and place back for another 8 minutes.
- As always, use a quick read thermometer to be sure your chicken is cooked properly. If need be, place back in air fryer in 2 minute increments.
This Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Recipe was inspired by Parmesan Chicken Tenders recipe by Kitchen Dreaming
Foodyschmoodyblog.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Amazon Associates program is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties, including, but not limited to amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.