Crock Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps - Let your Crock Pot do the work and when you're ready to eat, all you've got to do is assemble the wraps! Great meal for busy families on the go!
Related: Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps
Our oldest daughter loves Chicken Caesar Salad. It's her go to meal when we order out. Even when we order big meals from a great Italian place, she'll settle for the Chicken Caesar. I have to admit, I have never eaten one, nor made one. I've never bothered because I just assumed I didn't like them.
If you follow me on Facebook, you know that lately, I have been admitting to some pretty weird food hang ups. If you missed it, here are a few things I have revealed:
- Never have I eaten ketchup, mustard, relish
- I may have been served something with mayo in it, unbeknownst to me, but I have never eaten mayo voluntarily or knowingly
- Peanut butter - I hadn't tried it until my late 20's. I still, to this day, have never eaten a peanut butter sandwich
- For most of my life I only would use olive oil on salad and the salad was iceberg & cucumbers
- In my late twenties I finally tried Italian dressing, making the list of dressings I am willing to use : Italian, Creamy Italian, Ranch, Vinaigrette's and Blue Cheese
You'll notice Caesar dressing is not on my list of approved dressings. I had never tried it, nor did I ever want to.
Update 6/29/16 - I have made this recipe for Crock Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps at least a dozen times since originally posting and it still continues to be a family favorite!
Because I've been obsessed lately with wrapping foods (egg rolls, wraps etc) I got the idea that I would make salad wraps for dinner. I wasn't sure where to begin with Chicken Caesar, so I did what we all do, I took my idea to Pinterest. I didn't really find what I was looking for exactly but there were about 100 recipes for various ways to serve Crock Pot Chicken Caesar. So I took that idea and added it to a wrap with the bagged romaine.
Once the chicken was cooked, I was hesitant to eat it. I am not a huge fan of hot meat on a cold salad (surprise, surprise), but I was schooled by our oldest, that it's the best way to eat a Chicken Caesar Salad. So I wrapped them and took a bite, and I was immediately regretful that I have never made this before. I don't know if it was just that I never had Caesar dressing before and I loved it, or if it was the entire combination, or what.
Here is what I do know: This was flippin' awesome! I saved my leftover chicken and ate two more for lunch the next day.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 C chicken broth
- ¼ C chopped parsley
- ¾ C Caesar dressing
- ½ C parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bag shredded romaine lettuce about 2 C
- 4-6 large flour tortillas
Line your crock pot with a liner or spray with non stick spray
Place chicken in crockpot and pour in chicken broth.
Cook, covered, on low for 4 hours.
Remove chicken. Drain liquid from crock pot.
Shred chicken and return to crock pot.
Add dressing, parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper to the shredded chicken. Stir. Replace cover and cook for 30 more minutes.
Lay tortillas out, add chicken mixture and romaine lettuce. Roll up and enjoy.