Easter Peeps Chocolate Tart - A decadent chocolate tart, topped with festive Easter Peeps. The chocolate, graham crust, marshmallow combo is a fun play on S'mores.
This post contains affiliate links.
A few weeks ago, I bought a set of tart pans on Amazon for super cheap. There was a lightning deal and I only paid $11.99 for two pans. It was a steal that I couldn't let pass me by.
I had never used a tart pan before I had seen a few recipes online that looked so decadent and delicious, I wanted to check it out.
I have since used the tart pan for both sweet and savory recipes (savory recipes to come soon). The bottom of this particular pan slices right out for easy serving.
I made a super decadent tart the day I received it but didn't take photos or anything. Sorry. I was practicing. Anyway, I started thinking about Easter and different desserts I could make and I knew I could adapt that tart into an Easter dessert.
So to make the tart, I started with the crust. I chose a graham cracker crust to give this tart a bit of a s'mores vibe. But you could use any kind of crushed cookie crumb if you want. In the original tart I made, I used Oreo's but that was a bit too much chocolate for me. I have even heard of people using crackers like Ritz for a crust.
After I pressed the crust into the tart pan, I baked it for just a few minutes to set it. Then I prepared the chocolate filling. I poured the chocolate into a bowl then I heated up milk and butter just to a bubble and then I poured that mixture over the chocolate and let it sit for a few minutes. After a few minutes, I stirred it up until it became smooth and dreamy looking and I poured it into the crust. I placed the Peeps on top and let it hang on the counter for a few hours to set up.
I really wanted to add some pastel colored sprinkles to brighten it up but I didn't have any on hand. So that's another option for you, if you want.
Easter Peeps Chocolate Tart
- 1 C graham cracker crumbs
- 2 T sugar
- 3 T melted butter
- 12 oz chocolate chips I used semi-sweet
- ½ C milk I used 1%
- 2 T butter
- 1 package Peeps
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl stir together crust ingredients well. Press crumbs into tart pan. Be sure to push down hard to make sure it sets. I like to use a cup or a mug to press down into crust.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate in a large bowl.
- Place milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once butter is melted and mixture starts to just bubble, pour over chocolate. Do not stir. Let sit 4-5 minutes and then begin stirring. Continue stirring for a few minutes until mixture comes together nicely and is smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Arrange Peeps on top of chocolate in desired pattern.
- Allow to set on counter at least 2 hours prior to serving.
Additional Notes Easter Peeps Chocolate Tarts:
- Heavy cream can be used in place of butter and milk, I do it both ways, depending on what is on hand.
- The type of chocolate can be changed to suit your taste, a combo of bittersweet and milk is great.
- To adapt this tart to a non-Easter treat, top with mini marshmallows instead of Peeps.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.