Ready in minutes, no cooking required, this fall flavored Pumpkin Hummus will be your new go to dip of the season!
Hummus is great because it is so versatile and obviously it is delicious too.
You can eat hummus as a dip, as a sandwich spread, as a condiment for chicken or vegetables and there have even been a lot of recipes for hummus breakfast toasts floating around.
Related: Pumpkin Cheesecake
If you have never tried your hand at making a homemade hummus, no worries, it's super easy. I'll walk you through it!
Trust me, you're going to want this easy pumpkin hummus in your life!
- Pumpkin Puree - canned is fine and easy
- Chickpeas - canned
- Tahini - if you aren't familiar with tahini, see notes below
- Garlic - do use fresh garlic not garlic powder
- Spices - cumin, paprika & salt
- Lemon Juice - can use lime if lemon isn't available
- Olive oil
How to make pumpkin hummus
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, seeds and a little olive oil
What to dip in pumpkin hummus
- pita bread
How long does homemade hummus keep fresh
You can store this pumpkin hummus in an airtight container in a refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Is hummus healthy
Hummus is packed with vitamins and minerals and hummus also contains a good amount of protein and fiber.
Of course, like with anything, balance matters. I don't recommend sitting and eating the entire container in one sitting. But yes, it's healthy as part of a balanced diet.
Keep in mind what one person considers healthy may differ from the next so I recommend you look at the recipe card for nutritional information and decide for yourself.
Be sure to use canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling. This is a savory pumpkin hummus and canned pumpkin pie filling with result in a sweeter version that might not play well with the spices.
Check Out Next: Fall & Winter Starbucks CopyCat Recipes
Printable Recipe Card
Easy Pumpkin Hummus
- Food Processor
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup canned chickpeas drained
- 4 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup olive oil
- roasted pumpkin seeds
- olive oil
- sesame seeds black and white
- chopped cilantro
- Add all ingredients into food processor and process everything until smooth.1 cup pumpkin puree, 1 cup canned chickpeas, 4 tablespoon tahini, 2 tablespoon lemon juice, 5 cloves garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground cumin, ¼ cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon paprika
- Transfer to bowl and garnish with desired garnish ingredients.roasted pumpkin seeds, olive oil, paprika, chopped cilantro, sesame seeds
- Refrigerate until serving.
Leave a Reply