Use an oven-safe skillet and this is a one-pot meal. Goat Cheese, chicken and tomatoes are baked together with olive oil and seasonings and serve over pasta.Jump straight to Recipe- skip the small talk
If you have TikTok then you've seen the Baked Feta viral Trend. This video went so crazy that stores are running out of feta. I'm not very big on feta so I decided to use goat cheese and I'm not sorry.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
- boneless chicken breasts
- garlic & garlic powder
- cherry tomatoes
- goat cheese log
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
Goat Cheese Chicken Recipe Steps
Like most of my one pot chicken recipes, this one starts with browning your chicken in a pan (after it's seasoned).
After the chicken is browned (no need for it to be cooked through at this point), add in all the other ingredients with the goat cheese log in the center and bake it.
35 minutes later, take a fork and smash the goat cheese into the tomatoes to make a sauce of sorts.
If you plan to serve this over pasta or polenta, get that going while the recipe is baking.
Top with fresh basil for a little extra oomph.
It doesn't look all that pretty when it's mixed up but it DOES taste good.
Related: One Pot Pasta With Chicken Sausage
Goat Cheese Chicken and Tomato (One Pot Dinner)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, halved
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, sliced or roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 4 ounce goat cheese log
- fresh basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-heat. While pan is heating, season the chicken liberally with salt, pepper and garlic powder. When pan is hot, add 1 T olive oil and then the chicken. Cook the chicken, just until browned, about 3-4 minutes and then turn over and brown the other side.
- Remove pan from heat and add tomatoes, garlic and shallots. Nestle the goat cheese in the center of the pan. Season the tomatoes with salt, pepper and the Italian seasoning. Drizzle the remaining oil over everything. Place in oven for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, remove from oven, using a fork, mash the tomatoes and goat cheese together to form a sauce.
- Spoon the sauce over chicken and serve. If desired, serve over pasta or polenta. Garnish with fresh torn basil or parsley.