Packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber, this Green Veggie Breakfast Bowl is a smart and satisfying way to start the day!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Purchases thru these links help to support this blog at no additional cost to you.
Lately, I've come to the realization that I need to change up my morning breakfast routine. I was finding myself falling back into the bad habit of bagels. While delicious and satisfying, they shouldn't be an every day thing.
You might remember a few weeks ago I shared my Easy Breakfast Burrito recipe. That was the first recipe that got me on track to change things up. But, I also can't have that every single day or I would get bored. I have since added in my Air Fryer Breakfast Egg Rolls too but again, still need some new recipes to add in.
Since I had some extra veggies in the fridge from making my Sausage Veggie Bake, I decided to toss them in a pan and make them breakfast. I actually love most green veggies so I enjoy incorporating them in when I can.
See how easy the steps are to create this Green Veggie Breakfast Bowl:
First, I heated up a small amount of oil in a non-stick skillet. The brussels sprouts were placed cut side down and cooked until they were brown.
Next, I added the broccoli to the pan and tossed the sprouts around. Once the broccoli started to soften a bit (I like some crunch to my broccoli), I added in the spinach, salt & pepper and cooked until just starting to wilt.
I transferred the veggies to a bowl and returned my pan to the heat, fried up an egg and placed it on top of the veggies. The dish was finished off by sprinkling some chopped green onions over everything.
I love to let the yolk run all over the veggies, it's so satisfying!
Some other ingredients that could work in Green Veggie Breakfast Bowl:
- snap peas
- green beans
The skillet I used to create this Green Veggie Breakfast Bowl is part of this Stackable Set by Calphalon.
Green Veggie Breakfast Bowl
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 C halved brussels sprouts
- 1 C chopped broccoli crowns
- 1 C baby spinach
- 1 T chopped green onion
- 1 egg
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, place brussels sprouts, cut side down in skillet. Cook until browned.
- Once sprouts are browned on the cut side, add broccoli to pan and toss everything around a bit. Continue to cook until tender crisp. Stir in spinach and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until spinach just starts to wilt. Remove veggies from pan and place in bowl.
- Return skillet to stove and reduce heat to medium-low. Crack egg into pan. Cook a few minutes until white is set. Carefully flip egg and cook 1-2 more minutes. Place egg over the veggies and sprinkle green onions over top. Enjoy!
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.