Cheesy and crispy like a classic grilled cheese sandwich but rolled up tightly with a slice of turkey in the middle for a little added protein.
Serve these roll ups for lunch or an after school snack or even a light dinner.
When I'm serving mine to my kids (or my self), I pair with sliced apples or cucumbers to balance it all out.Jump to Recipe
So apparently grilled cheese rolls ups are like viral recipes on TikTok right now. I guess recipes, like fashion, come in and out of style because this is a classic recipe. But hey, if the new generation wants some of my grilled cheese roll ups with bacon or turkey or whatever have them, enjoy, here ya go!
This recipe was originally published in 2014 but is being republished in 2021 for the TikTok crowd.
This is the kind of recipe you can really make your own.
You can switch up the bread, the type of cheese and the deli meat (if you choose to add it at all).
I'm very lucky that my kids really love 100% whole wheat bread, so that's the kind of bread I chose.
When it comes to American cheese, my son is very picky. He will only eat Land O' Lakes 2% white, deli sliced cheese.
Some other good swaps would be
- bacon or ham in place of turkey
- Add a little pizza sauce and pepperoni and use mozzarella for a pizza style roll up
How to make
To make the Grilled Cheese Turkey Roll Ups you want to cut the crusts of the bread and flatten the bread as much as possible. I used a hand roller to roll it out.
Place your cheese and meat on each slice and roll it up tightly.
To cook them, just melt the butter in a frying/saute pan and place the "rolls" in the butter and brown on every side and done.
If you came here for a TikTok recipe, be sure to check out ALL the viral recipes over on Parade.com.
Grilled Cheese Turkey Roll Ups
- 4 slices sandwich bread 100% Whole Wheat is a nice choice
- 4 slices American Cheese
- 4 slices deli sliced turkey sliced thin
- 1 T butter
- Remove crusts from bread and press down or roll out thinly with rolling pin.
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese and a slice of turkey and then roll up tightly, pressing on the seam to seal.
- Melt butter in a saute/fry pan over medium heat. Add rolls to pan and brown on all sides.