Buffalo chicken sliders are a delicious and somewhat healthier alternative to traditional beef sliders.
Made with lean ground chicken, these mini burgers are packed with protein and flavor.
Whether you're looking for a quick weeknight meal or a crowd-pleasing appetizer, ground chicken sliders are the perfect choice.
Because the chicken isn't formed into burger patties, these mini sandwiches are a cross between a burger and a buffalo style sloppy Joe.
This chicken sliders are both quick and easy to make; ready in about 15 minutes!
Buffalo chicken is one of my favorite flavor profiles. If you feel the same you should also look at my recipes for High Protein Buffalo Chicken Dip, One Pot Buffalo Chicken Rice, or just search "buffalo chicken" in the search bar because I have too many recipes to list here.
A complete list of ingredients with measurements is located in the printable recipe card. This list will give you the basic information to get started.
- Meat - lean ground chicken - lower in fat and high in protein
- Vegetables - both carrot and celery
- Dressing - blue cheese or ranch
- Sauce - buffalo style sauce, m preference is always Frank's
Start by cooking the chicken in a skillet. Then add in the garlic powder, carrot, celery and buffalo sauce.
After the carrot and celery have softened a bit, stir in the dressing.
Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
Spoon the buffalo chicken mixture on to slider size buns and top with blue cheese crumbles and/or additional dressing if desired.
If you find you have leftover buffalo chicken slider filling, save that in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Use those leftovers as an omelet filling for breakfast, stuff into a flour tortilla with lettuce for a delicious lunch wrap or stir into prepared rice for an easy rice bowl.
While I would like to think the recipe is perfect as is, here are a few variations you could try.
Rolls - toast the buns in a skillet with a little butter for toasty sliders or try using Hawaiian slider rolls for a little bit of sweetness
Vegetables - diced red onion or green onion could be added
Cheese - instead of cheddar, try Monterey jack or melty mozzarella for that stringy cheese pull
What goes good with buffalo chicken sliders
Here are just a few of my favorite side dishes that pair well with buffalo chicken sliders:
Buffalo chicken sliders are high in protein and lower in fat and calories than traditional beef sliders.
Yes, lean ground turkey works very well in place of ground chicken.
Printable Recipe Card
Buffalo Chicken Sliders made with ground chicken
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 Pound ground chicken
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ Cup shredded carrot
- ¼ Cup finely diced celery
- ¼ Cup Buffalo Sauce add more to your personal liking
- ¼ Cup prepared ranch or blue cheese dressing
- ½ Cup shredded cheddar cheese or cheddar blend
- 8 slider buns
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground chicken and cook, breaking up until no longer pink. Add garlic powder, hot sauce, carrot and celery and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in dressing and cook one minute more. Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese.
- Place chicken mixture on slider buns (toasted or not toasted). If desired top with additional dressing and/or blue cheese crumbles.
Chicken safety reminder: Use one utensil while chicken is raw and an additional clean utensil once chicken is cooked through.
Fore more food safety tips visit the USDA.