This Instant Pot Cheese Steak Pasta recipes is both family friendly and quick cooking, making it a perfect choice for those busy week days!
Update: 1/16/19 Finally, a few new photos have been updated to this post.
This post contains affiliate links at no additional cost to you.
I have shared my struggle with getting my kids to eat dinner. What one likes, the other does not. One has allergies, so often, I am cooking 3 different meals. I'm really trying to get away from this because, well for one, it's just plain crazy and second, Mama is tired!
Both of my younger ones seem to enjoy any kind of pasta that has ground beef in it. One of their favorites in fact is my super popular Instant Pot Taco Pasta. Since ground beef, pasta and cheese seems to be the magic formula to make one meal for all, I've been playing around with different options.
This Instant Pot Cheese Steak Pasta has been a winner. I've made it three times now and they are still gobbling it up.
I was worried the first time I prepared this that the peppers and/or the flavor of the Worcestershire sauce might be off-putting to the kids but I've found if I just chop the peppers on the small side, they don't even notice them.
Steps to make Instant Pot Cheese Steak Pasta
- Sautee onion, pepper and garlic
- Add ground beef and brown
- Add all seasonings, broth, water and then pasta
- Seal and pressure cook for 6 minutes (YES ONLY 6 MINUTES)
- Release steam and stir in cheese
For you die hard cheese steak fans, don't get all over me about using ground beef. I am well aware that an authentic cheese steak is not ground beef. However, in an effort to make this Instant Pot Cheese Steak Pasta a quick and easy meal, I've opted to use ground beef. Let's still be friends, okay?
Printable Recipe Card
Instant Pot Cheese Steak Pasta (with ground beef)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Cup sliced sweet onion
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced or minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 16 ounce medium shells pasta
- 4 Cup beef broth
- 1 Cup water
- 5 ounce provolone cheese chopped or ripped into strips
Optional toppings: green onions, parsley
- Heat Instant Pot to saute. Once heated, add oil, onion and pepper. Saute just until vegetables are starting to soften. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- Add ground beef to the pot. Cook until no longer pink, being sure to break up the beef with a wooden spoon ( or similar).
- Once beef is cooked thru, season with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well.
- Add broth and water to pot. Next add the pasta. Stir just enough to get the pasta almost covered. You don't want to mix the pasta too much where it's sitting on the bottom of the pot.
- Cover and seal.
- Set w/ manual high pressure to 6 minutes.
- Quick release the steam.
- Stir in 4 oz torn or chopped provolone cheese. Top with an additional 1-2 oz of cheese and re-cover.
- Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes and then serve.
I was inspired to create this Instant Pot Cheesesteak Pasta recipe after viewing this recipe on The Garlic Diaries.
This recipe was created using:
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.