Suggested Toppings for Instant Pot Chili
shredded cheese (montery jack or cheddar jack)
Instant Pot Chili KID FRIENDLY
This Instant Pot version of chili is mild and bean-free, making it a favorite among kids. Perfect for a quickie meal or to serve for your next tailgating party.
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion diced (about 1 C diced)
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 2 T tomato paste
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes I prefer fire roasted variety, no need to drain
- 3 T chili powder
- ½ T dried oregano
- ½ T ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt kosher
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Set IP to saute. Once hot add the oil then the onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, just until soft. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Add the ground beef.
- Break up beef with a wooden spoon and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in tomato paste, followed by Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes and spices.
- Turn off saute mode.
- Lock in cover and set vent to sealing. Using the manual high pressure set timer to 15 minutes.
- After timer is finished, use a quick release.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!