Instant Pot Meatball Soup - A hearty soup made quick and easy using frozen meatballs and an Instant Pot.
If you thought it was weird that I was posting a Beef Stew recipe in May, you're definitely going to think it strange that I'm posting yet another soup and we're well into June.
I can't help myself. I'm experimenting as much as I can with my Instant Pot and I just can't wait for the cooler weather to share the results with you. If you aren't into soup in the summer, just bookmark or save it to Pinterest. Trust me, you'll thank me when you're wanting a good soup recipe that just so happens is also quick and easy.
Let's talk about the meatballs. I don't find homemade meatballs difficult to make AT ALL. That being said, sometimes I just don't have the time. So, yes, I used a bag of frozen, store bought meatballs for this recipe. Don't get all up in a tizzy about it, okay? BTW, if you want a darn good, old fashioned, Italian Meatball recipe, I got one for you. Anyway, you'll want to buy the mini meatballs, not the dinner sized.
As far as the veggies go, I used my standard, go-to soup veggies; onions, carrots and celery.
I really wanted to make this a true one pot meal so I chose a small noodle that would cook up easily right in the Instant Pot. I chose ditalini. You can use any small pasta.
Actually creating this meatball soup is pretty simple. Start by adding the veggies to the Instant Pot. Next add the, seasonings, meatballs, pasta and broth. Set the Instant Pot to 9 minutes, using the manual button. After the timer beeps, use the quick release. Finally, to finish the soup, I topped with freshly chopped scallions and parsley.
Instant Pot Meatball Soup
- Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker
- 1 Cup diced carrot
- ½ Cup diced celery
- ¾ Cup diced sweet onion
- 25 mini meatballs , frozen (can use 20-25 meatballs)
- 1 ½ Cup ditalini pasta , or other small soup pasta
- 40 ounce vegetable stock or broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper , freshly cracked
- 2 Tablespoon diced parsley , fresh
- 2 Tablespoon diced scallions
- Place all ingredients except parsley and scallions in Instant Pot. Stir.
- Using manual function, set to high pressure for 9 minutes .
- After 9 minutes, use quick release. Stir. Top with scallions and parsley and serve.
So, just to recap, here is why you should make this Instant Pot Meatball Soup:
- It's a family friendly meal
- It cooks up in about 15 minutes
- No messes to clean up because it's all cooked in the one pot
- Oh yeah and it's DELICIOUS!