Two of my family's favorite recipes (tacos & pasta) come together to create this super tasty, family friendly dinner of Instant Pot Taco Pasta.
Have I mentioned this dish only requires 6 simple ingredients? I thought maybe I did.
This is a one pot meal that hits all the kid favorites. It is cheesy, full of ground beef and has all the taco flavor the kids love. I love it because it's easy clean up being a one pot pasta dish. And it's also quick cooking, making it the perfect busy weeknight meal.
<<<<This recipe is so easy, just watch my kid prepare it>>>
Knowing that so many of you are excited about your new Instant Pots has really gotten me motivated to post some recipes for you.
As I mentioned last week when I shared my Taco Rice Skillet, my super picky kids love tacos. I also mentioned I've been trying to cook meals that have taco flavor but aren't actually tacos. I'm taco-ed out. Taco Tuesday needs options.
One of the taco-ish dishes we have grown to love is my Taco Pasta Casserole. My plan last week was to make it but then the weather was 90+ degrees all week and the last thing I wanted to do was turn on the oven. And then I realized, this would be a great recipe to convert into an Instant Pot recipe!
🍲Simple cooking instructions
To start, brown some ground beef using the saute setting. Add just a few other simple ingredients and then use the manual setting for 5 minutes.
When the timer beeps, quick release. Stir it together and top with cheese. Serve and enjoy!
📃Instant Pot Taco Pasta Recipe Notes
- Top with your favorite taco toppings (guacamole, sour cream, green onions, cilantro etc.).
- Pasta shapes like shells work best because they hold the meat mixture perfectly.
- If using a pasta shape other than medium shells you may need to adjust the cook time. As a rule, I look at the regular cooking time and cut it in half for the Instant Pot.
- Salsa can be used in place of sauce
🖨Printable recipe card
Instant Pot Taco Pasta
- Instant Pot
- 1 pound ground beef , lean
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 2 cup beef broth
- 8 ounce small pasta (medium shells)
- 1.5 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mexican blend or cheddar jack)
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Add the ground beef and break up as it cooks. Once ground beef is browned, stir in taco seasoning, tomato sauce and beef broth. Be sure to scrape the bottom while stirring, to avoid meat sticking to pot. Next add the pasta. Push the pasta into the mixture just enough to submerge; don't stir.
- Cover and seal lid. Change setting to manual and adjust time to 5 minutes.
- Once Instant Pot beeps to show it's done, quick release. Carefully remove cover and stir.
- Turn off Instant Pot. Top with cheese, put cover back on but don't seal. Allow a minute or two for cheese to start to melt. Serve with desired toppings.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.