This Instant Pot Velveeta Mac & Cheese makes an easy creamy side dish or double the recipe for a main course.
Looking for more Instant Pot Recipes? Try this collection of 8 Instant Pot Recipes featuring Ground Beef.
This is not my first recipe for mac and cheese prepared in the Instant Pot. My first Instant Pot Mac & Cheese recipe has been quite popular. However, my kids really like the taste of Velveeta, so I came up with this version to appease them.
Fine, I admit it, I like to indulge with a little Velveeta every now and then too.
I prefer to serve this mac & cheese as a side dish but this could easily be transformed into a main dish by doubling the recipe.
Making Instant Pot Velveeta Mac & Cheese
Start by melting butter in the pot and then adding water, seasonings and pasta. Pressure cook it for 6 minutes.
After the pasta cooks, release the pressure and stir in the milk and cheese and that's it. Done in about 10 minutes total time! How great is that?
Why make this in the Instant Pot?
Sure, mac and cheese is easy enough on the stove top and you are free to do that. I like doing my mac & cheese in the Instant Pot because:
- It's easy to clean. The Instant Pot "pan" can go in the dishwasher.
- My kids have really been interested in cooking and they are less intimidated by the Instant Pot than they are with the gas stove.
- On a hot summer day it doesn't heat up the house like the stove does
Not sure which Instant Pot to get? I have this one which I purchased on Amazon. It has been great so far and I highly recommend it. If you have a large family, perhaps up to an 8 qt.
Instant Pot Velveeta Mac & Cheese
- 8 oz elbow macaroni or other small pasta shape
- 2 T butter
- 2 C water
- 1 teaspoon salt I always use kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 oz velveeta cheese cubed
- ⅓ C milk more if desired
- Place butter in Instant Pot.Set Instant Pot to saute and allow butter to melt. Turn off saute mode. Add water, salt, pepper and pasta.
- Cover and lock lid in place and make sure the vent is set to sealed.
- Set timer to 6 minutes high pressure cooking.
- When timer is up, carefully switch to venting and allow pressure to release.
- The Instant Pot should now have switched to "keep warm" mode, leave it on "keep warm" and stir in cubed cheese and ⅓ C milk. Add more milk in small quantities if desired, depending on how you prefer the consistency.
- Adjust for salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Foodyschmoodyblog.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.