If you are a fan of creamy jalapeno poppers then you are going to love this Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese.
This grilled cheese is so easy to make; literally a meal ready in 10 minutes tops.
Because this creamy toasted sandwich is so quick and easy it makes a great dinner for a busy night but I tend to eat it for lunch.
This is a great way to use up that random jar of jalapeno peppers you have hanging out in your fridge.
Only a handful of ingredients are needed for this easy recipe. I bet you have most of them on hand already.
- Bread - You can use whatever kind of bread you like.
- Cheese - Shredded cheddar, Mexican blend or Monterey Jack is what I use.
- Butter - Melted. I've also been using the jarred ghee from Trader Joe's lately too in a pinch.
- Cream cheese - Make sure you use softened cream cheese. I soften my cream cheese in the microwave.
- Jalapeno peppers - I prefer to jarred, sliced or diced peppers. I have made this with fresh jalapenos too. I like the crunch of a fresh jalapeno.
- Black pepper
Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, black pepper and jalapeno peppers in a bowl.
Spread mixture on two slices of bread.
Brush butter on the top of remaining slices and place them on top to create a sandwich.
Place sandwich, buttered side down in a pre-heated skillet or grill pan.
Butter the top side of the sandwich while in pan.
Flip sandwich once browned on the first side and then cook until filling is warm and melty and second side is golden brown.
Serve immediately while still warm.
Hint: Make sure to get melted butter on the entire slice so the whole bread gets evenly browned - unlike mine where I have a whole corner that I missed with the butter.
Bacon - Bacon would be amazing in here. Crumble cooked bacon right into the cream cheese mixture.
Cheese - freshly grated will always melt better than the bagged stuff so try out a block of cheese and grate it yourself.
Seasoning - Garlic powder is a great addition.
More Grilled Cheese Recipes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- French Fries
- Garden Salad
- Potato Chips
- Tortilla Chips
Printable Recipe Card
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices bread
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened, room temperature
- 2 tablespoon diced or sliced jarred jalapenos
- ½ cup shredded cheese cheddar or mexican blend
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat a skillet or grill pan on medium heat.
- In a bowl stir together cream cheese, jalapenos, shredded cheese and black pepper.
- Spread mixture on two slices of bread and top each with remaining bread. Brush melted butter on bottom and top slice of bread.
- Place sandwiches on heated pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and cheese is warmed through.
- Serve warm.