These Mini Egg Brownies are decadent, fudgy brownies with pieces of mini egg mixed throughout, topped with an easy chocolate ganache and even more mini eggs.
These candy topped brownies will be the hit of the dessert table this Easter and no one needs to know how easy they are to make.
Today, I'm going to show you how easy it is to make these irresistible, Easter themed brownies using boxed mix and mini egg candy!
Boxed mixes are convenient, they save time and quite honestly they're reliable. The key is finding a brand or type you like as is and then making it even better by adding some simple ingredients.
- Brownie mix plus ingredients called for on package
- Mini Egg candy
- Chocolate Chips: semi-sweet
- Heavy Cream
Combine all ingredients called for on package. Stir crushed mini eggs into batter and bake according to package instructions.
While brownies are cooling, prepare the ganache by heating the heavy cream and pouring it over the chocolate chips in a bowl.
Wait a few minutes and gently stir the cream and the chocolate until smooth.
Pour ganache over cooled brownies and top with mini eggs.
Allow the ganache to set fully before cutting.
I tend to get impatient and therefore my brownies tend to get messy. But that's okay, messy is fine in my house as long as delicious goes along with it.
Still working on your Easter menu? Check out a few of my favorite Easter recipes.
Printable Recipe Card
Mini Egg Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix and ingredients called for on box
- ¾ cup roughly chopped mini eggs
- 24 24 mini eggs for topping amount if just a suggestion use as many or as few as you like
- 1 ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Prepare The Brownies
- Spray the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Stir together brownie ingredients as called for on box. Fold in chopped mini eggs. Pour batter into pan and bake following box baking times.
- Allow to cool completely.
Prepare The Ganache
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Heat cream in a small pan over medium heat. As soon as it starts to simmer, pour cream over chocolate chips being sure to cover all chips. Do NOT STIR.
- Wait 5 minutes and then begin to stir. Continue to stir until chocolate is completely smooth and starting to thicken. Let it sit 1-2 minutes. Pour/spread ganache over cooled brownies. Place remaining mini eggs over top of brownies. Allow ganache to set before cutting into bars