Unlike traditional stroganoff, this ONE POT BEEF STROGANOFF PASTA recipe is ready in about 30 minutes and all in one pan. I'm using family friendly ground beef which is also cheaper than ribeye or the other cuts of beef.
🍲What is Stroganoff
The definition of stroganoff, per Dictionary.com is: a dish of meat sautéed with onion and cooked in a sauce of sour cream, seasonings, and, usually, mushrooms.
If you ask me what the definition is, I'd say a hearty dish with some sort of beef and mushrooms that is creamy with a little bit of tang from sour cream and worcestershire sauce. But that's just me.
In restaurants you're most likely to see stroganoff made with ribeye. Since the definition doesn't specifically mention the cut of beef, I decided to take some liberties and use ground beef to cut the cost.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
🧹Easy Clean Up
Rather than have a pan from the meat, a pan for the sauce and a pan for the pasta, this is all made in one pot. One pot meals mean easy clean up.
The pan that I really enjoy for one pot meals is a 5 quart, non-stick skillet by Calphalon. I've had this one for years. It's also oven-safe, making it a great choice when you need to start a dish on the stove top and finish it in the oven like my Goat Cheese Chicken dish which is a riff on the TikTok Feta Pasta.
I'm not going to get into the entire ingredient list here. If you want that, pop down to the recipe card. But you can get an idea of the flavors of this dish by the key ingredients.
- ground beef
- worcestershire sauce
- sour cream
Start off by cooking the mushrooms with onions and garlic and then add in the ground beef.
After that I added the pasta and broth.
Once the pasta is cooked and most of the broth is absorbed, sour cream and parsley is stirred in to finish.
🖨 Printable recipe
One Pot Beef Stroganoff Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms cremini
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces quick cooking penne (I used Barilla Pronto Pasta)
- 3 ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- Chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook 2-3 minutes. Add onion and cook 3-4 minutes then add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. If there is excess grease, drain. This shouldn't be an issue if you use lean beef. Season beef/mushroom mixture with paprika, salt and pepper and stir in worcestershire sauce. Add pasta and broth and turn heat to high. Cook 10-12 minutes until pasta is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed. Reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream. Taste for seasoning, adding salt/pepper if needed/desired.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley before serving.