This oven-baked Orange Glazed Ham makes a stunning entrée for your holiday dinner table. This spiral ham recipe requires so few ingredients, you might just find yourself making it for Sunday dinner, not just Easter & Christmas!
Made with brown sugar, honey and orange marmalade, this bone-in spiral ham will have your guests mouths watering!Jump to Recipe - Skip The Small Talk
Which Type of Ham
Right around Easter, you will start to see several different cuts/ types of ham out there. There are bone-in, boneless, fully cooked, smoked etc. Then you have the option of the shank or the butt?
I prefer the bone-in spiral ham. The reason for my loving this style of ham is that you still get the extra flavor that a bone-in cut lends but it is much easier to serve as the slices are already cut for you. You simply need to detach the slices to serve. Does that make sense?
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
What Is Needed?
Here is the complete list of everything you need to create the perfect flavor balanced Easter ham.
If this is your first time preparing a holiday ham, take a deep breath and relax. Ham is one of the easier main dishes for holidays.
Related: The Most Tender Chuck Roast
How To Prep The Ham
- Make The Glaze - Combine all glaze ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for a few minutes.
2. Place ham, cut-side down in a baking dish/roasting pan. Brush or spoon half of the prepared glaze on ham.
3. Bake for about an hour, then brush on the rest of the glaze and bake another 15 to 20 minutes. That's it!
What To Serve With Ham
Here are just a few ideas of what you can serve on the side of this sticky, yet not overly sweet, perfectly seasoned, orange glazed ham.
- Warm Snap Pea Salad
- The Best Green Beans Ever
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Loaded Air Fryer Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts With Crispy Pancetta
Or head on over to Parade.com to view these collections:
This is Easter Ham made easy don't you think? Pop into my comments and let me know what else your making this Easter.
Orange Glazed Ham
- 1 fully cooked bone-in spiral ham 6 to 8 pounds
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup sweet orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the brown sugar, honey and orange marmalade. Stir until combined. Continue to stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a bubble. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Place ham in a shallow roasting pan or baking dish. Spoon half of the glaze over the ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 1 hour.
- Spoon the remaining glaze over the ham and bake another 15-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through.
Save this recipe for Easter by pinning to your Easter Pin Board!