Only four easy ingredients and about a half hour are needed to get this Pesto Crescent Roll Wreath Appetizer on the table.
Pesto sauce, cream cheese and parmesan cheese are mixed together and rolled into crescent dough to create a wreath shape. Serve with marinara in the center for dipping.
Disclaimer: This recipe was originally created as a paid promotion. All paid links and mention of sponsor have been removed from the content.
The beauty of this easy appetizer is there are only 4 main ingredients. Choose a pesto with a good flavor you enjoy because the flavor of the pesto really shines in this recipe.
- Pesto - I like to use my homemade nut-free pesto but any variety will do.
- Crescent Rolls - I do have the best luck with the Pillsbury brand but use whatever your favorite brand is here.
- Parmesan Cheese - As per usual, I grate my own from a block
- Cream Cheese -I use regular cream cheese, this recipe has not been tested with low-fat or fat-free.
See recipe card below for measurements and quantities.
Combine softened cream cheese, pesto sauce and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
Arrange the crescent roll dough on a greased or lined cookie sheet in a circle with the flat ends slightly overlapping and the pointy ends out. There should be an open circle in the center and it will slightly resemble a star.
Spoon the filling mixture on to the base of each crescent dough roll.
Fold the point over the filling and tuck underneath.
Carefully, slide the crescent roll wreath on to the serving platter. I use a spatula to do this.
If serving with marinara / pasta sauce, put the sauce in a bowl in the center.
Hint: Bake on parchment paper. Transfer still on parchment paper to the serving platter and then easily slide the parchment out.
Add some fresh basil and/or parsley around the center of the wreath for a pretty presentation.
- Cheese - Add shredded mozzarella for more of a pulled cheese feel.
- Pesto Sauce - Try a sun-dried tomato pesto or ditch the pesto altogether and try this with spinach dip!
Check out these other delicious ways to enjoy pesto!
Printable Recipe Card
Pesto Crescent Roll Wreath Appetizer
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup pesto sauce
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 ounce tube crescent rolls
- marinara sauce for dipping Optional
- Preheat oven to 375 °F
- In a bowl stir together the cream cheese, pesto and parmesan.
- On a parchment or silicone lined or greased baking sheet, arrange the crescent rolls, slightly overlapping, with the pointy side facing out, to create a ring.
- Place filling at the base of each crescent then take the point and fold it over the filling and tuck under to form a seal.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with warmed marinara for dipping if desired and/or with fresh basil and parsley as a garnish.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
Nettie Moore says
Perfect holiday appetizer!! YUMO!! I need new glasses too! Merry Christmas!! Nettie
Thanks Nettie! Have a great holiday!
Evelyn @ My Turn for us says
I love out of the ordinary recipes especially one that is easy with only a few ingredients! I need to put this on the menu for next Football Sunday, I know my hubby loves anything with pesto! Thanks!
I'm w/ your husband, I absolutely love pesto!
That looks super good!! I absolutely need to try it out!
and so darn easy!
Ellie Augustin says
It's so pretty and seems so easy to make! I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.
Debi at Life Currents says
I think this recipe is a real keeper! Easy, beautiful, impressive, delicious! It's got it goin' on! I think I'd like to make this for Christmas day!
Kim Lee says
I bet this is so tasty... looks fancy too!
I love this!!! Such a quick & tasty recipe!! I cannot wait to make this one!
Healing Tomato says
This is an awesome recipe. It is so perfect for those holiday get-together.
Joanne/Wine Lady Cooks says
This is terrific Christine. We all need these delicious and easy recipes this time of year.
Debra C. says
Love how easy this pesto ring comes together - super easy and delish!
Sally - My Custard Pie says
Pretty, festive and delicious - bookmarked for next gathering