Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
This Quick and Easy Pork Tenderloin with Foil Packet Potatoes meal is a perfect dinner option for those busy summer nights. Ready in 30-40 minutes!
It's that time of year again.
You know, that time when the afternoon turns to night and you don't even notice because it's still bright out. This is the time of year when I'm just so happy that my kids are out playing in the yard, that I don't even realize that dinnertime has come and gone.
This exact scenario happened the other day. I couldn't believe it. We got home from soccer practice and the kids went out to play for "a few minutes". I got so distracted with laundry and the fact that I was cleaning the house in quiet, that when I looked at the clock, I was mortified when I realized I hadn't fed my family yet and it was 7:00 PM! That is not the norm for us. I generally have dinner on the table between 5:30-6:00.
Back in the day, I would end up just ordering up a pizza or something but I've found some much better options as I've gotten wiser. Notice I didn't say since getting older? I prefer to think of myself as wiser.
Okay, so you want to know how to get a dinner with Real Flavor Real Fast? I'll tell you what I did the other night for an easy dinner fix..
I turned on my grill. While it was pre-heating, I sliced up two potatoes. I even kept the skin on. Who has time for peeling? I seasoned my potato slices with seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. I placed the potatoes on some foil, topped them with a pat of butter and a sprinkle of cheese. I then folded the foil up all around, making a packet.
Once the grill was heated up, I placed my foil packet potatoes on the grill alongside a Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Peppercorn Tenderloin. Pork cooks up pretty quickly on the grill. As a matter of fact, the pork and the potatoes take about the same time. The only difference is I turn the heat down a little bit on the side with with potatoes.
Smithfield® has a variety of marinated fresh pork items, so you can mix it up and have an easy meal any night of the week. Not just tenderloins either; they have loin filets and roasts too! Oh and did I mention, they're easy to find; right there in the fresh meat section at Walmart. Having the pork already marinated is the real key for me. I never remember to marinate, especially when we are busy having summer fun. Why would I?
So, there you have it, my way to get Real Flavor Real Fast. What do you think?
Oh, I almost forgot! If you find yourself with leftover pork. Re-purpose it the next day by chopping and adding to a salad, tossing it in with pasta or slicing it thin for sandwiches!
Quick and Easy Pork Tenderloin with Foil Packet Potatoes
- 1 Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Fresh Pork Tenderloin
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 T butter , divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper ,
Optional Potato Toppings:
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Bacon , cooked and crumbled
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Prepare pork according to package directions for grilling.
- Cut potatoes into slices. Season slices with garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Place about a quarter of the potato slices onto a square of foil. Top potatoes with ½ T butter and desired amount of cheese if using cheese. Fold foil over potatoes. Now place that foil square onto another foil square and wrap tightly, folding up the edges, to create a sealed packet. Repeat with remaining potatoes. You should get 4 packets total out of 2 large potatoes.
- Turn one half of the grill down to a medium/low setting and place the potatoes on that half of the grill.
- Flip potato packet over after about 15 minutes and then cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Take extreme caution when opening packets, steam from inside the packets will release and will be hot. I prefer to use tongs to open.
- Serve potatoes alongside sliced pork.
Want to Connect with Smithfield® on social media?