This Spicy Sausage Queso Dip is the perfect party dip for any occasion but I prefer it during Halloween!
This easy Spicy Sausage Queso Dip is perfect for tailgating, game day parties at home, holidays etc. But I really enjoy serving it up in a pumpkin for Halloween. So fun.
This sausage cheese dip has only 3 easy ingredients and comes together easily in the microwave!
This recipe was originally created as part of a paid partnership.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
Because I made my easy cheesy dip around Halloween originally, I served it up in a pumpkin. However, you can enjoy this easy sausage dip any time of year. Simply change up your serving vessel.
Related: Pub Cheese made without beer
You really can't go wrong with a Ro*tel dip. This Cheesy Rotel dip only has 3 ingredients and is a crowd favorite during football season.
Yes, this is a 3-ingredient dip!
- RO*TEL tomatoes - I do prefer this brand but if you can't find them, grab any knock-off brand of diced tomatoes with chilies
- Cheese - Yes, I'm using Velveeta. Velveeta has a time and place and this is one of those times. Trust.
- Sausage - Country-Style Sausage
For ingredient amounts, please see the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
If serving in a pumpkin, start by prepping your pumpkin. If not serving for Halloween skip down.
Carefully cut the top from a small-ish pumpkin. I prefer to use an electric knife for this. Scoop out all the pumpkin "guts" and seeds. Be sure to set those seeds aside for roasting later.
Once your pumpkin is ready, set it aside and get the dip going. It's super easy.
Chop up the cheese and place in a bowl with RO*TEL® and cooked sausage.
TIP: Cook the sausage earlier in the day so it is ready to go when you want to prepare the dip!
Microwave for 3 minutes.
Stir to combine everything and put back in the microwave for another two minutes.
Seriously, that's it. My kind of recipe!
Place dip inside prepared pumpkin or in a bowl if you want to skip the pumpkin and serve with tortilla chips.
Here are a few of my favorite things to serve with this cheesy queso dip. Let me know what else you like to dip in queso in the comments!
- Tortilla chips - for Halloween I think the dark blue ones have a nice effect
- Vegetables - Carrots and celery
- Pretzels - Crunchy pretzels and also baked soft pretzels
- Spicy - Make this sausage queso even spicier by using spicy sausage!
- Seasoning - Add a packet of taco seasoning to change the flavor profile.
- Stir-Ins - Try adding corn. Trader Joe's has a great frozen roasted corn.
If you are wondering how long you can store sausage dip / queso dip, I have your answer.
Place leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Yes, place cooked sausage, cheese and tomatoes in crockpot and cook on low setting for 2 hours. Stir and serve.
No, it is not recommended to freeze this sausage queso dip.
Printable Recipe Card
Spicy Sausage Queso Dip
- 16 ounces Velveeta or similar product cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ pound mild country sausage cooked & drained
- 10 ounce Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies undrained
- Mix ingredients in microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted, stirring after 3 minutes.