This easy Slow Cooker Pork Loin and Potato Dinner is perfectly seasoned because the work is already done for you.
Using a pre-marinated pork loin starts you off with an already tasty and moist product.
Just toss it in the crockpot with a few other ingredients and dinner is on the way.
This crockpot pork dinner recipe was originally created as a paid collaboration with Smithfield. However, this page has been updated to remove all sponsored links.
Recipe remains the same delicious recipe.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
This is one of those times.
The ingredient list for this pork dinner is small and easy.
- Pork - pre-marinated pork loin, any flavor is fine but I use the garlic and herb
- Potatoes - baby potatoes or larger potatoes cut into smaller chunks
- Broth - I like chicken broth but also vegetable broth is great
- Seasonings - salt and pepper. You can add to this if you like, perhaps some garlic powder, onion powder etc.
- Oil - olive oil or avocado oil
This crockpot meal isn't one of my typical quickie 30 minute meals but the prep is under 30 minutes so I call that a win.
Why you'll love this slow cooker pork loin
The thing that makes this crockpot pork so good is that the result is similar to an oven-roasted pork loin.
Most other slow cooker pork recipes I see result in a pulled or shredded pork. That's all find and dandy but sometimes you just want a roasted pork that isn't that, right?
How to make Slow Cooker Pork Loin
First, I browned the pork loin filet in a skillet.
This step is totally optional and you don't have to do it, especially if you're pressed for time.
But if you have an extra couple of minutes, why not?
Next, I placed my baby potatoes in the slow cooker with the broth and I placed my browned pork loin filet over the potatoes.
And on top of the pork loin filet, I placed the butter.
I popped the lid on and set it to low setting for 5 hours.
Add some veggies to the mix! After about 4 hours, throw in some green beans!
That's it. It is that easy. Slice the pork and serve with potatoes.
Make sure you spoon the cooking liquid over the top of everything!
Here are some of my other pork recipes; all easy and delicious!
- Grilled Pork Loin Filet w/ Green Beans
- Sheet Pan Pork w/ Fall Veggies
- Quick & Easy Pork Tenderloin w/ Foil Packet Potatoes
- Pork Loin Sliders
- Balsamic Cherry Grilled Pork
It isn't often we have leftover pork because it is so good!
If for some reason you do end up with any pork leftovers, don't forget, leftover pork makes an awesome addition to a skillet hash and top it all off with an egg!
Yum - perfect breakfast or lunch!
Printable Recipe Card
Slow Cooker Pork Loin and Potato Dinner
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Package Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Fresh Pork Loin Filet or other flavor, 27.2 ounce package
- 1 ½ Pound baby potatoes
- ½ Teaspoon salt kosher
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper freshly cracked
- 4 Tablespoon butter (half stick)
- ¾ C up chicken broth
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium/high heat. Place pork loin filet in pan and cook 4-5 minutes until browned. Turn over and brown other side. Set aside.
- Pour broth into slow cooker. Place potatoes in slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Arrange pork loin filet over potatoes and top pork loin filet with butter. Cover slow cooker and set to low for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, remove pork loin filet and slice. Spoon cooking liquid over both the pork loin filet and potatoes and serve. Pork should read at least 145 °F with a quick-read thermometer.
- If you would like to add green beans to this dish. Place about 12 oz fresh green beans to slow cooker with 30-60 minutes left to cook time.
- If you are pressed for time you can omit the step of browning. I just prefer both the taste and the look of the browning.