Spicy Shrimp Pasta - This entire meal comes together in less than 30 minutes, making it a perfect choice for a busy weeknight.
This post contains affiliate links.
Surprised to see a seafood recipe here? Despite the fact that this is my first seafood based recipe ever posted, I do actually enjoy seafood. While I like it, my husband does not. So I was over the moon excited the other day when he agreed to eat a shrimp dish if I made it with pasta. I assured him that the dish would have so much flavor that he wouldn't mind the seafood; he'd like it even. I couldn't even contain my excitement at the fact that he was willing to try this dish..... Until the day I was preparing it. I could feel the wind being taken out of my sails the second he walked in the house and looked at the shrimp and said "what's for dinner". There was just something in his tone. As I'm cooking, he's at the table with my son building with Legos and gets up to open the window. Okay, strike two. If he's opening the window in 20 degree weather to get rid of a food smell, chances are he's not eating it. It didn't even have an odor. Dramatic, much? I'll spare you the details but long story made short, I ate this dish all by myself and he ate an English Muffin. Whatever. It was his loss. It was darn good. Listen though, this is called Spicy Shrimp Pasta for a reason. It has got a lot of heat. If you want to cut back on the heat, please cut down the amount of chili garlic sauce. I used 2 T but it was hot. Probably too hot for most, so I'm saying start with 1 T and if you are brave, add a bit more after tasting. If you are a shrimp eater and not my husband, this dish is great for weeknights. The entire thing came together in about 20 minutes. The longest part was the pasta cooking. Great last minute meal to throw together. So take in this seafood recipe because I think it will be a while before I get him to even entertain the idea of trying another one!
Is there a food that you enjoy that you don't cook because of your husband/wife?
Your support of clicking thru to visit our advertisers and/or purchasing items through our affiliate links, located throughout this blog post, helps to keep this page going and is very much appreciated.
Printable Recipe Card
Spicy Shrimp Pasta
- 12 oz gemelli pasta
- 1 T butter
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined (if frozen, defrost)
- 1-2 T chili garlic sauce more or less to taste
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T soy sauce
- 6 oz baby arugula or baby green mix
- ¼ C parmesan cheese grated
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 C cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large non stick skillet, over medium/high heat and add shrimp. Cook shrimp just 2-3 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl stir together chili garlic sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce. Pour sauce over shrimp.
- Stir in arugula until wilted.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet, stirring well to distribute everything evenly and cook just 2 minutes longer. If pasta seems dry, stir in ¼ C pasta cooking water at a time until desired consistency.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and serve.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com