If you like spinach dip then you are going to LOVE these Spinach Dip Stuffed Mushrooms!
These mushrooms are perfect for holiday appetizers and thanks to a shortcut, they're easy to make!
Ad Disclosure: All product links in this post are affiliate links. This means, the link will direct you to Amazon and if you should purchase an item, I will receive a commission.
One of my most popular holiday recipes is my Pancetta & Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms. If you've had them, you'll get it. So good. If you haven't, what's wrong with you, go make them!
I make those mushrooms for just about every holiday.
In an effort to keep things new over here, I decided I should come up with a new stuffed mushroom recipe. The thing is, this year I'm trying to scale down Thanksgiving. We are crazy busy. We have my daughter's birthday party that week and the day after, we leave for vacation. I just am not feeling it. Sorry.
I have shared with you on social media and even on some breakfast recipe posts lately that I have been trying to eat healthier/lighter breakfasts. One of my favorites is an air fried portobella mushroom that I stuff with cauliflower rice, spinach dip and top with an egg.
I decided that the spinach dip and the portobella go so well together that it would make a great combination for a stuffed mushroom.
What's The Shortcut?
The shortcut is using pre-made, store-bought spinach-artichoke dip. My favorite is the frozen one from Trader Joe's. You can use any kind you want but I almost always have a box of the TJ's one in my freezer.
If you are wanting to make your own spinach & artichoke dip, you could try this recipe.
How To Make Spinach Dip Stuffed Mushrooms
Start by getting your spinach dip ready. If you are using the frozen one like I do, just zap it in the microwave. While that's warming up, you'll want to wipe down your mushrooms and remove the stems. Take half of the stems and finely chop them. You can discard the remaining stems.
To the prepared spinach dip, add chopped mushroom stems and 2 T breadcrumbs.
Spoon the mixture into mushrooms and place in prepared baking dish. Once the mushrooms are in the baking dish, sprinkle a little more of the breadcrumbs on top of filling and give a little spray of olive oil with a misto bottle or drizzle butter on top, just to help the crumbs get crispy.
Bake them for 25 minutes and serve. If you really want to go crazy, you can add some grated parmesan cheese to the tops just before serving.
Are you looking for more holiday appetizer recipes? Try a few of these:
- Easy Pesto Tortellini Skewers
- Warm Tomato & Goat Cheese Dip
- Alcohol-Free Pub Cheese
- White Bean Dip
- Sriracha Queso
- Baked Onion Dip
Yes, these spinach dip stuffed mushrooms make a great holiday appetizer but they also make a delightful side dish or I've heard they make a delicious lunch. Okay, I didn't hear it, it's me. I ate them for lunch. Don't judge me.
Shortcut Spinach Dip Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 oz white mushrooms
- 8 oz spinach or spinach-artichoke dip prepared
- 3 T breadcrumbs divided
- fresh cracked black pepper
- cooking spray or butter
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place prepared spinach artichoke dip in a bowl. Set aside. Prepare a baking dish with either butter or cooking spray.
- Prepare mushrooms by wiping with a damp cloth to remove dirt/grit. Remove stems. Reserve half of the stems. Discard the rest or save for later use.
- Finely chop the reserved mushroom stems and add them, along with 2 T breadcrumbs to the spinach dip. Stir well until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into each mushroom cap and place in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 T breadcrumbs over the tops of the mushrooms. Give the black pepper grinder a few turns over the tops of the mushrooms. Using an oil mist bottle,lightly spray the tops of the mushrooms (or you could drizzle with butter or skip this step altogether).
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
Foodyschmoodyblog.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.