This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TheNewFanFavorites #CollectiveBias
Sriracha Queso Dip- Queso, a game day favorite, has been given a flavor kick by way of spicy sriracha sauce. Perfect for dipping pretzels, chips or any of your game day snacks!
Don't you love January?
The holidays are finally behind us. Life seems to be slowly get back to normal. The kids are back in school. The endless shopping is over. And we can focus on things like FOOTBALL!
Is your house the go-to place to watch the big game?
As I've mentioned before, these days, we mostly stay in to watch our favorite teams dominate. Just because we stay home, doesn't mean we aren't indulging in all the game day fare. I mean, what is a day of football without the food? It's the best part, isn't it?
Something that we all seem to love over here as part of our game day spread, is an ooey-gooey queso dip! I mean, who doesn't want to stare down at a big bowl of melted cheese sauce?
Not only do I love a good queso dip for it's cheese factor but I also like that it's versatile in what you dip with. You can dip virtually any game day snack into a queso dip. Two of my favorite dippers for this Sriracha Queso Dip include Cape Cod® Potato Chips and Snyder's of Hanover® Pretzels. What are some your favorite dippers?
When I set out to make this Queso Dip, I really wanted to jazz it up. I mean, queso is a traditional staple of game day but you know me, I like to take a classic and add a spin. It seemed to me that my queso dip was begging for some spicy sriracha. It worked perfectly! Score!
Watch this quick video/slideshow to see step-by-step photos of how this Sriracha Queso Dip is made:
Notes on preparing Sriracha Queso Dip:
- You can adjust the amount of sriracha you use to suit your spice preference. The amount I use in the recipe is not too hot but just enough to let you know it's there.
- I used a packaged cheese blend of Monterey Jack & Colby but I also think a cheddar blend would work well
- If not serving right away, pour queso into a small slow cooker and set on warm or low to keep warm
Sriracha Queso Dip is how I like to put a spin on a classic game day favorite. Click HERE to see how some others are creating their fan favorites. Which is one you are most likely to prepare for The Big Game?
Sriracha Queso Dip
- 2 T butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 T flour all purpose
- 1 C milk
- 8 oz shredded monterey jack & colby mixture or similar
- 2 T sriracha hot sauce
- 2 scallions chopped
- Heat butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Whisk in flour. Continue to whisk and let cook 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk. Allow to cook 3-4 minutes, just until thickening, stirring occasionally. Remove mixture from heat and stir in cheese. Stir until smooth and then stir in the sriracha sauce.
- Serve immediately, or pour into a small slow cooker, set to warm to keep warm until serving.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and additional drops of sriracha, if desired.
Need to find things to dip into your delicious Sriracha Queso Dip? Just browse down the aisle at your local grocery store.