If you're looking for a quick and easy dessert for St. Patrick's Day, you've got to try my St. Patrick's Day Swirled Brownie Bites.
These little brownie cups start with a boxed mix for a truly easy dessert idea. Combine cream cheese with food coloring for the swirl and bake!
For these cream cheese brownies, I swirled in green for St. Patrick's Day but you can use other colors for other holidays or themes.
Pink would be great for Valentine's day. You could even use a heart-shaped silicone mold pan if you have one.
- Brownie Mix + ingredients called for on box
- Cream Cheese
- Food Coloring - I prefer the gel kind
Combine ingredients called for on brownie mix and spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
Mix together the remaining ingredients and use a toothpick to swirl it into the brownie mixture.
It is that easy.
TIP: If you want a little mint, simply add a little mint extract into the brownie batter or add a handful of mint chocolate chips!
Bake in a 9x13 pan if you'd rather regular shaped brownies instead of brownie bites.
Printable Recipe Card
Shortcut Brownie Bites for St. Patrick's Day
- 1 box fudge brownie mix 18.3 oz box +ingredients called for on box
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon green gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line mini muffin tin with liners or spray with non stick spray
- Mix all brownie batter ingredients together, as called for on box
- Spoon brownie batter into lined mini muffin tins, about ¾ full
- In a separate bowl, mix together cream cheese, egg, sugar and lastly, food coloring.
- Drop a dab of cream cheese mixture on top of each brownie. Swirl in design with toothpick.
- Bake 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when testing the center of brownie.
- Cool on wire rack.
Jenne Kopalek says
These are cute!
Valentina | The Baking Fairy says
These are super cute, and they look so yummy! I'm totally in the same boat as you about mini things... you eat a bunch without realizing and then all the sudden you've eaten half the batch. Oops 🙂
Danielle @ We Have It All says
Oh those look delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe!
What will power you have...I'd probably have finished them off!
Jessica (Savory Experiments) says
I'm in love with these! I plan to make them for my office on St. Patrick's Day!
Thanks for dropping in Jessica! I'm sure your office will love them.
Jen, it's funny, my son is actually the one who loves to be in the kitchen, not her! Thanks so much.