Stuffed Artichokes in the Instant Pot - Traditionally stuffed artichokes require an hour or two of cooking time. My version, which uses an electric pressure cooker (Instant Pot), is ready in a fraction of the time.
This post contains affiliate links.
When I was a kid, my Nana's Stuffed Artichokes, were something of a treat to everyone. I wasn't as adventurous of an eater as a kid as I am now and I think I was the only one who didn't indulge. Man, one more reason to kick myself. Why the heck was I so picky (stubborn)? I missed out on a lot of good food, looking back.
All of her dishes were always made with very few ingredients but conjured up so much flavor. It's quite amazing actually. My only guess is that she used really good ingredients in everything.
Anyway, something I remember about her stuffed artichokes was that they weren't made too often because they were so time consuming.
I'll wait a good part of the day for a real stick to your ribs, kind of comfort dish like, say lasagna, eggplant parmigiana, prime rib or a roasted chicken/turkey but an appetizer like stuffed artichokes? Not worth it for me. Which is exactly why I haven't made stuffed artichokes in about 5 years.
Now, you know where this is heading. The same place every post has been heading lately. Straight to my Instant Pot. Yup, these stuffed artichokes have approximately 15 minutes of cooking time. I know!
Because of all the steam happening in an Instant Pot, some of the leaves are a little more tender than the traditional way, but that didn't bother me one bit.
Here's all that it takes:
Snip off top, all pointy tips and rough leaves of the artichoke. Steam in Instant Pot for 4 minutes.
Carefully remove steamed artichokes from Instant Pot.
While artichokes are steaming, combine stuffing ingredients (olive oil not in bowl yet in photo).
When artichoke is cool enough to handle, stuff breadcrumb mixture in between all leaves and into center.
Place stuffed artichokes back into Instant Pot and set to HP for 8 minutes and then quick release.
If desired, top with additional cheese, olive oil and/or parsley before serving.
Stuffed Artichokes in the Instant Pot
- 2 artichokes
- ¾ C breadcrumbs , seasoned
- ½ C grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ C chopped parsley
- ¼ C olive oil
- Cut stems, pointy tips and rough outer leaves from artichokes.
- Place steamer rack inside Instant Pot and pour in 1 ½ C water. Place artichokes on rack. Set to steam for 4 minutes. Quick release pressure.
- While artichokes are steaming, combine all other ingredients in bowl.
- Carefully remove artichokes from IP, using tongs. Place on cutting board or dish.
- Once artichokes are cool enough to handle, spread leaves out as much as you can and stuff the breadcrumb mixture in between all leaves.
- Place stuffed artichokes back on steaming rack inside IP. Manual high pressure for 8 minutes. Quick Release.
- If desired, drizzle additional olive oil over artichokes and/or sprinkle with additional cheese before serving.
Foody Schmoody Recipe Notes - Stuffed Artichokes:
- Before serving, sprinkle with additional cheese
- Before serving, drizzle with olive oil
- Fresh grated cheese is best
- lemon can be squeezed over top if desired
- Some people enjoy dipping in melted butter before eating
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.