Kids love a meal when it is okay to get messy like these Instant Pot Sloppy Joes! I've lightened up with turkey to make them a little more parent-friendly.
This post contains affiliate links. Purchasing items through affiliate links helps to support this blog.
No need to fuss with a bunch of spices you might not use often. I've made this recipe for Sloppy Joes with a spice packet and just a few easy pantry items.
You might recognize this recipe, actually. I have a published recipe for turkey sloppy joes already. There aren't many differences between this recipe and that one. The major difference being that this recipe is prepared in the Instant Pot and that recipe is for the stovetop.
Why prepare Turkey Sloppy Joes in the Instant Pot?
You might be wondering why I bothered to prepare these sloppy joes in the instant pot when it's so easy to make on the stovetop already. Well, I happen to think clean up is the worst part of cooking and cleanup is so dang easy with the Instant Pot. The pot is dishwasher safe and not all of my skillets are.
Both preparations probably take the same amount of time. I like that I can keep the instant pot set to "keep warm" and run out to grab the kids at soccer etc. I would never feel comfortable leaving a stovetop burner out when leaving the house.
Printable Recipe Card
Turkey Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- 1 T olive oil
- 20 oz ground turkey
- 1 carrot diced or shred
- ½ C diced sweet onion
- 1 packet dry sloppy joe mix
- 2 T worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- ½ C beef broth or water
- Turn Instant Pot on sauté mode. Add olive oil and then ground turkey to the pot. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally to break up the meat. Stir in onions and carrot. Cook another 2 minutes on saute.
- Stir in sloppy joe packet, worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and broth/water.
- Cancel saute mode.
- Cover and turn vent to sealing.
- Set Instant Pot to 5 minutes on high pressure.
- After 5 minutes, quick release the pressure.
- If mixture is too "sloppy" (wefor your liking, turn Instant Pot back to saute mode and cook a few minutes, stirring, until thickened up a bit.
- Serve on hamburger/sandwich rolls.
Need some more Instant Pot Inspiration?
Check out my Instant Pot Recipe Board on Pinterest!