Valentine’s Brownies – A fun and easy treat to spread the love on Valentine’s Day.
These Valentine’s Brownies are a great way to add some festive flare without having to spend all day in the kitchen baking.
I’ve mentioned more than once, I don’t really have the patience for baking. All that measuring and being precise just isn’t my thing. I am a savory cook through and through.
Anyone can be a baking whiz with a boxed mix though, right? I make all kinds of treats using boxed mixes and my kids think I’m the best baker in the world. If you don’t believe me take a look at my Hot Fudge Poke Cake & my Blueberry Donuts. Oh and don’t forget that Caramel Carrot Poke Cake too.
I wonder how long I can keep them fooled?
If you don’t have a heart-shaped cookie cutter you could probably get away with using a sharp pairing knife and cutting them into a heart shape. I don’t have a steady hand so I grabbed these heart cutters from Amazon.
Brownies are one of those desserts that I very rarely make from scratch. I have tried many homemade recipes, but quite honestly, I just haven’t found that one special recipe that makes the time and/or effort worth the trouble. The boxed stuff is fine in my opinion. So if you want a special treat for your kids or whoever it is you want to bake a little love for, this is the recipe for you, out of a box!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 box brownie mix and ingredients required to prepare them
- 1 bag M&M’s, Valentine assortment (pink, red, white)
Here’s what to do:
- Prepare brownie mix according to box. Bake as directed.
- After brownies have cooled 10 minutes, push M&M candies into brownies.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut heart shaped brownies
Quick Note about Valentine’s Brownies:
- Change up the m&m colors and cookie cutter to adapt to any holiday (example : xmas m&m and christmas tree cutter)