Warm Snap Pea Salad - A beautiful, fresh, spring side dish that comes together in about 10 minutes. This recipe is worthy of a holiday table but easy enough for an any day meal.Jump straight down to Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but......okay that is exactly what I'm about to do. But for good reason. This dish is beautiful isn't it? Yes, I think so too. See, like I said, a good reason.
With this crazy endless winter we've had this year, I am ready to lighten things up with some beautifully bright veggie dishes.
Is this a salad or a side dish?
I don't know if/what the exact criteria is on naming something a salad but Warm Snap Pea Salad sounded better than Warm Snap Pea Side Dish, don't you think? Call it what you want.
I think snap pea dishes are pretty versatile. I use snap peas a lot when making a stir fry and I think they pair well with beef dishes. But tonight I served this along side of lemon butter pork chops and roasted garlic couscous. It was a perfectly balanced spring meal (in my humble opinion).
Oh, here is another reason to make this warm snap pea salad: It cooks up in less than ten minutes. Not even the boxed side dishes cook up in that time.
Try pairing this side dish with these recipes:
Warm Snap Pea Salad
- ⅛ cup Pine Nuts
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 5 ounces Snap Peas halved at an angle
- 2 Green onions sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tablespoon Cilantro freshly chopped
- ½ to 1 teaspoon salt
- Toast pine nuts in a large dry non-stick skillet over medium heat, stirring a few times (about 4-5 minutes). Keep a close eye on them as to not let them burn. Remove pine nuts and set aside.
- Return pan back to heat, add oil to pan. Add snap peas, cook 1-2 minutes, stirring. Add green onions and garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Stir in cilantro and season with salt.
- Top with pine nuts just prior to serving
Read about health benefits of snap peas as described on WebMD.
This recipe for Warm Snap Pea Salad was adapted from Cooking Club Magazine, Spring 2014.