This week I am sharing the amazing results of my Whole Roasted Chicken in the Air Fryer experiment!
Want more Air Fryer Recipes? Check out THIS Parade Magazine Collection of Air Fryer recipes.
Need To Know Info for Air Fryer Chicken
Do I need to flip the chicken?
What kind of Air Fryer to Roast A Chicken?
What The Heck Is Ghee?
Ghee is basically butter with all the milk solids and water removed. It has a high smoke point, making it a good choice for high temperature cooking. You can even make your own ghee from a high quality butter.
STEPS TO MAKE WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN IN THE AIR FRYER
- Instant Pot Buffalo Mac
- Buffalo Chicken Egg White Omelet
- Creamy Chicken Soup
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Bacon Garlic Chicken Pasta
Whole Roasted Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 1 4 lb whole chicken
- 1 T ghee (clarified butter) or other high smoke point option (coconut oil)
- ½ T coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- If using my seasoning blend, combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove gizzards, neck etc from inside the chicken. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels - Inside and out.
- Rub ghee all over chicken.
- Sprinkle half the seasoning all over and inside chicken. Reserve the other half for later use.
- Place chicken in air fryer basket and set to 350 F for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, use a quick-read thermometer to check temp of chicken. If not reading 165 F, place back in at 350 F in 5 minute increments until 165 F temperature is achieved.
Visit some of my other Air Fryer Recipes:
Foodyschmoodyblog.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com